Essay topics: Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition.
Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.
Offering free education to students who are unable to afford the tuition fees is an excellent step towards making a literate nation.
There is no doubt that more number of students will be willing to join colleges because financial burden is one of the main reason that holds back students from getting graduation. This will help in making the citizens of the country well educated which will ultimately benefit the government.
While free education does have many perks and benefits, one must carefully consider the financial position of the government and also the number of students requiring such help. For example, if the budget is tight and there are other important areas that requires immediate funding by government,then funding for college fees does not sound feasible. Even when the government manages to allocate some proportion for education, quality has a high chance of getting affected.
For example, there are 100 students requiring financial assistance and the government has the budget for only 75. If it plans to divide it equally for all and dilute the standards of education (for example if the money is taken from a budget that is allocated for lab facilities or sports etc...), then it defeats the purpose of providing good quality education to it's students. This may also affect the students who pay the fees on their own.
One solution to this problem could be to define the line to determine whether the student is eligible for assistance or not. We can use the family's income, student's grades for more rigorous process.Alternatively, the government can also offer loans to students with low interest rate and less collateral and provide sufficient time period for the students to pay it back. In this way, more students will be benefitted and also standard of education can be maintained.
Right to education is one of the fundamental right for every citizen, however, the government should ensure that it is financially ready to provide free education to all those in need. In the utopian world, there will be free education to every citizen of the country and it should be every nation's motive to achieve that.
Thus, it will be great if the government can nurture the future citizens at it's roots that are providing education by lifting he financial burdens off the shoulders of the students. This will definitely build a nation that is strong fundamentally because the people will be well informed and the literacy rate will be high. This may form the platform for creating great scientists, doctors, lawyers , government engineers etc... The seed sown in the form of education will never be futile government has made this decision carefully considering all the aspects and consequences of implementing it, then it will be one of the best ones that any government can make.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 5 hours ago||SSSASSS1||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Yu Tang||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||pooja02||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Dhvani Vasa||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 weeks ago||rlagusdk||58||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 days ago||zeus_helene_leda||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 6 days ago||nav3057||70||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||KASEP||50||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||raunak||79||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||abhishek1702||50||Read full essay|
- Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (16)
- Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals.Write a response in wh (58)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involv (58)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (50)
- The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting (50)
- It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (58)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure (58)
- The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylates, f (58)
- Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree (83)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher (66)