Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large

Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large quantities of information and find what’s important.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The mass media and the internet supply ample amount of information. This much of huge information, actually, decrease the attention of people. However, while people are less able to focus on one thing, people can wheedle the unimportant information, and choose the important information. I am insofar agreeing with the author's idea.

Nowadays, lots of information source are burgeoning. One can find good amount of information from the internet i.e. website, personal blogs, news journals etc. Many of the news channels have their website that gives live news. In the dawn of the Mobile applications, lots of applications are available in Android, ios and Windows store. These applications provide the vast information. Website like, Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia, also gives prolific information so that a person doesn't require to find a physical tome. Then Google, a well-known search engine, also provides any kind of information with just one search. Apart from all of the internet mediums, mass media comes with a sufficient amount of information by the medium of Television or Radio. Therefore, wherever person goes, a person would never find himself or herself alone, and without the access to information.

As a person has an access to this huge amount of information, it is likely that he or she would be perplexed by information. Therefore, with this huge amount of information, a person may lose attention. Sometime it would become difficult for him or her to choose which information is authentic if same the information has been presented with different details.

However, this large quantity of information, actually, serves a positive effect in overall. Since people have an access to ample amounts of information, it gives them an ability to choose information that is pertinent and wheedle out the unnecessary information. So, it will make them good decision makers. Apart from that, people will have a high probability of getting authenticate information as they have varieties of information source. If people reply on one source, it is possible that they will get have sufficient amount of information, and erroneous information from that source.

To conclude, mass media and the internet provide more than sufficient amount of information to people. So people have an access to varieties of information. So they have a positive effect on the people by providing an ability in people to sort important information out of large quantities of information, instead of rendering the attention of people to loose.

instead of rendering the attention of people to loose.
instead of rendering the attention of people to lose.