Money spent on research is almost always a good investment, even when the results of that research are controversial

In this era of competitive world, one has to experiment things to progress further. Once we have reached stagnancy with no further experimentation to be done, it implies that one has succeeded to highest level. But as it said nothing is perfect and thus you can always crave for something more. Research is phenomena which helps us to think beyond. Thus it would be proper to say that money spent on research is almost always a good investment, even if the results of research are controversial. As it is stated that almost always and not just always, the issue itself states that the investment is not always beneficial if results prove out to be debatable.

In support of the issue stated, we can take an example of any particular research. For example, a professor in a certain university is researching on new habitat development of the eagles. The research will either lead to success or failure. The two aspects; success and failure both can be controversial. But a point is made clear in this discussion that, a result of research will be an outcome only when it is completed. Thus before completion of a research, we can just guess the results. Suppose the research by professor before starting it was stated controversial on the basis that the results would not turn out to be valuable. But if the research leads to the success in creation of habitat that would be beneficial, it raises a question. Had we left the research just on the basis of controversy, where would it lead to? This clears that investment depends on research results for sure, but we cannot achieve results until it is completed.

It can also be illustrated by a very recent example. India launched a spaceship to Mars, for finding out how the conditions are there. Even though, various countries have been researching on the same and the results didn’t turn up as they should have been; leading to some controversies. But the success achieved by the Indian Aerospace department, elucidate us that results should never affect the research process. It is already known that nothing is perfect and all investments don’t turn up with profits. But they lead us towards understanding what the reasons behind failure were? Thus, without giving a chance to the researchers to carry forward, we would just doubt their capabilities.

The claim raised has a certain drawback too. We should understand the importance on where to invest. If a certain research is controversial, for example making of nuclear weapons; this is an issue of great concern. If the research is going to hamper the surroundings and other colleagues in a negative way, then the research with come what may results would definitely be not a good idea. Thus, the pros and cons of any research must be thoroughly studied, even though they are controversial.

To summarize up, if any given research’s results are controversial but they contribute towards the overall development of an institute or nation; then the investment is a healthy one. We should provide opportunities for accomplishment of researches and not to stop them just in case they are questionable. The questions raised to research, may even help it to improve itself and with proper augmentation of study should prove to be beneficiary.

to highest level
to the highest level

Sentence: If the research is going to hamper the surroundings and other colleagues in a negative way, then the research with come what may results would definitely be not a good idea.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to may and results