Museums should have the liberty to exhibit whatever displays they want without the interference of government censorship.

No one likes to be told what to do, what to think or what to admire to. That’s why there is no place for a censorship in the art. Especially when it comes to a museum exhibition – a place created by thinkers for thinkers.

Censored museum exhibitions may seem like a good way to avoid harmful influence of some improper displays, that may have a negative effect on the cultural level of society. But on the other hand, the displays that are changed in some way in order to fit some “rules” are no longer useful in expression of its creator’s thoughts and ideas. The effect of such displays is no longer the same as intended by its creator. In fact, no artist would agree to any changes to be made to his work. Therefore, the chance to be censored is a repellent factor in the desire to display ones work. A knowledge that a work of art gets the right treatment will actually result in a greater number of artists wanting to have their exhibits in an uncensored museum.

But artists are not the only one who will benefit from an uncensored museum exhibitions – it is also the museum visitors who will have a chance to see a wider variety of displays presented. Freedom of expression will eventually attract more artists from different cultural areas with their desire to bring their ideas for a public to see.

“Quantity affects quality” rules will not work in such situation. In fact, it is the other way around. The more artists there are, there bigger their will to be noticed, thus, to create an outstanding piece of art. So, the value of such exhibits will also be greater than the value of censored ones.

Whether an artist or a museum visitor wants to fulfill his or her need for art, there should be an opportunity to do it freely and without supervision. Otherwise, in case of censored art, the culture will suffer more, than from some extraordinary and indecent art pieces.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.