People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers

Being human beings, we have a tendency to make certain decisions based on emotions. Once the decision is made on the basis of emotions, we cannot justify that on the basis of logic.

Decisions should be made after carefully analyzing a situation not rashly and definitely not in hurry. For instance, lets take the case of selecting a college or university for higher studies. Ideally the decision to be made here should be thoroughly based on logic and practical issues. The various aspects that can help in decision making in this situation could be rankings of college, appropriate courses offered, good staff, good infrastructure, scholarship, tuition fees, etc. But if someone makes a decision based on emotional aspects like selecting a college/ university that is closer to home because one cannot stay away from for long will definitely not lead to a college that one has always aimed for or dreamed of. Justifying this decision later on the basis of logic, just to prove that you were right in making that decision or to make yourself feel better will do no good. The decision was already made on the basis of emotions and justifying it logically only proves it more that you are regretting it.

But, there are some situations, in which logically you arrive at one decision but in the flow of emotions, you do the exact opposite of it. After all, we are humans and it is not wrong to get carried away by the momentary emotion. Its just human nature. That does not make us bad decision makers. However, there is no point in justifying it later with logic, because arriving at a decision based on emotion and then justifying it with logic, will only prove you were wrong in arriving at that decision. Hence a bad decision maker. But, on the other hand, if you justify the decision based also on emotions like you did while making one, you will get to know you have made the right choice.

Hence according to my opinion, decide logically, justify logically. Decide emotionally, justify emotionally. Once decided, never regret the choices made.