People s attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position y

People's attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that our behavior and attitude is widely determined by our nearest surroundings. However, is this viewpoint unquestionable? As far as I am concerned the main role in forming our attitude belongs to society, it creates our personality, system of values, understanding of appropriate and inappropriate conduct and gives us schemes or patterns of social behavior.

First of all, the role of society on us is enormous. We are the product of society and our reaction and attitude is widely determined by the society. First of all our system of values and the way by which we perceive the world is the product of the society and without social impact we have never become human beings. For instance, the understanding of appropriate behavior differs significantly in each culture. In western society we tend to be individualists and we see our own interests more important than others. In Asian culture we have an opposing understanding of the issue. Moreover, even such fundamental concept as death is distinct in each culture. In African society, for example, if a child dies, it is not a reason to cry owing to the fact that the child has done nothing to the social group. However, if a elderly ceases his existence, the tribe will be in deep sorrow because an important member of the group has passed. In western society, we once again have opposing perception of death. For a European a death of a child is unrealized opportunity and therefore the reason to regret, the death of old person is just the way of life. In other words, our reaction on many grave issues is determined by our society.

At the same time, we are not rigid; we are able to adapt to new condition, however, our ability to change is limited by our personality which is the product of society. For example, if a person moves to a new culture, in many cases one will mimic the habits and traditions of new culture. A Russian who moved to USA, for instance, may start to celebrate national holidays etc. At the same time, the possibility to adapt to new surroundings is limited. Imagine that you started to live in Iran, this is a country with strong Muslim traditions. In this culture, for example, woman is limited in her rights. Will you accept this tradition? In many cases this point of view is disparate to personal beliefs and therefore it will not be accepted.

In conclusion, our personality, attitude, the way by which we react are mainly determined by society. It forms us and our view point. Despite the fact that we can adapt to new conditions our possibility to change is restricted by our personal principles which are settled by society.

if a elderly ceases
if an elderly ceases