A person who knowingly commits a crime has broken the social contract and should not retain any civil rights or the right to benefit from his or her own labor.

With the evolution of mankind comes an organized government that citizens follow to keep peace. With the evolution comes also the idea of natural birth rights. Although sometimes, a person commits a crime and a sentencing needs to be delivered. As stated above, with the commitment of a crime, one should not retain any rights or benefits from his or her own labor. However, I do not believe such statement. The punishment of such crime should be fair and justifiable.

Regardless of the crime, civil rights are their to protect each individual from abuse of power from the government. Regardless of what type of crime it is, the person convicted of the crime have the right to an attorney and is not guilty until proven otherwise. If civil rights are taken from a person who committed a crime, there will be a big problem of retaliation from individuals who may have a strong feeling against the person who committed the crime regardless of the severity of the crime. People may be inclined to take matters into their own hands and decide which justice they see fit. In a grander scheme, the law will have complete authority over the person and he or she will not get a fair trial.

The other issue why its not right to take a person's right to benefit from his or her own labor is because he or she may have a family to support. Taking someone's hard earned money will have a domino affect on someone that may depend on such amount such as his son, daughters, or even parents. Also, there are many individuals who commit crimes. Without a clear definition of what type of crime will be punish will create only chaos in a society. The government will have an abundant power over people.

With the evolution of mankind comes an organized government that citizens follow to keep peace.
With the evolution of mankind it comes an organized government that citizens follow to keep peace.

the person convicted of the crime have the right
the person convicted of the crime has the right

what type of crime will be punish will create only chaos
what type of crime will be punished will create only chaos