Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals 2

Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals.(2)

Common ground and reasonable consensus, are what every politician seeks in order to obtain a political position. In the democratic societies it is not possible to have a politic power without being accepted by the significant number of people. The only way to win the people's approval is to pursue the common ground, tolerate opposing ideas and seeking reasonable consensus. Now turning to the elusive ideals, we cannot rule out any ideal plan for politicians to pursue, only because they seem elusive. There are some elusive ideals which not worth pursuing. Nevertheless, there are also worthwhile ideals that at their institution they were not in favor of the masses, but as the time goes by, the same elusive ideals become a common ground.

First, consider cases when pursuing elusive ideals are harmful for the societies. Political systems with the smell of dictatorship, tend to have elusive ideals. No matter what, they struggle to fulfill them. Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin, all are examples of people that sought elusive ideals and it was their people who bore the brunt of their idealistic approaches. In Iran consider the presidency of Ahmadi Nejad. He began to reach the political power, year by year, by appealing to populist approaches and using propaganda. After he reached the power, with his elusive idealistic approach and assuming an aggressive attitude toward the atomic right of Iran he portrayed the Iran as a hostile zone. The result is that Iranian have been mired in one the worst durable recessions because of seclusion from the world market.

On the other hand, there is another version of the ideal approach and elusive goals which even merits the nations for having such politicians pursuing the ideals. Think about Abraham Lincoln as he quotes,” I’m the tiredest [sic] man on the earth”. Instead of initiating his speech with enthusiasm, he confessed his tiredness, since he was pulling the whole nation to recognize the human in a better way; When he was fighting for the abolitionism, the ideal seemed so radical, back in then time, that the petition of abolitionism immediately were denounced by the senate. Furthermore, the south of America was so depended on the slavery that the abolitionist approach of the president Lincoln drew a distinction and instigated the civil war between the north and the south. Unlike the dictators mentioned earlier, he tried to pursue his ideal of human rights by convincing the oppositions legally instead of imposing what he thinks as valid on the people.

In short, as discussed, pursuing the common ground and reasonable consensus is obviously what politicians should pursue. But, beholden to pursuit of the elusive ideals in a democratic manner, societies has leaped forward to hold a better civilization. Therefore the pursuit of ideal plans, regardless of their being elusive, should not always be seen as unreasonable.

ideals which not worth pursuing
ideals which are not worth pursuing

Iranian have been mired in one the worst durable recessions
Iranians have been mired in one the worst durable recessions

societies has leaped forward
societies have leaped forward