The purpose of many advertisements is to make consumers want to buy a product so that they will be like the person in the ad This practice is effective because it not only sells products but also helps people feel better about themselves

"The purpose of many advertisements is to make consumers want to buy a product so that they will 'be like' the person in the ad. This practice is effective because it not only sells products but also helps people feel better about themselves."

The speaker asserts that the aim of advertising is to persuade consumers to purchase a product, and the influence of the acting person in the advertise help people to feel satisfied. While the speaker overlooks some adverse aspects of the advertisement, I tend to concede that advertising industry is a strongly encouraging means of increasing the sale of a product and also of filling the consumers with satisfaction.

Undoubtedly, the unpleasant impacts of the commercial advertisements cannot be disregarded. Since the introduction of technology and the advancement of more influential media such as television, the effect of more advertisement programs on people’s behaviors and especially their buying habits has been perceived significantly. In comparison with the past, with no means of broad communications and advertisement, today people have accustomed to buy extravagantly and have more things even unnecessary things. In other words, they have resorted to materialism and luxury rather than just having provided the essential things and meeting their urgent demands while all over the world there numerous deprived areas in which people are suffering from poverty and inadequate sustenance.

However, I strongly agree that besides encouraging profligate habits it has some beneficial influences on the society including raising public awareness about the cutting-edge products. The advertisements programs inform people about the different aspects and qualities of different new products to not only help people to know the benefits of buying a specific product but also increase the sale of that product and advocate the producer.

In addition, this more insightful buying, considering all features of a product and comparing them with the characteristics of other similar products, contribute to more satisfaction and happiness of the consumers. Moreover, the influence of successfully persuasive advertisements in bolstering the feel of satisfactory in consumers would be inevitable. Many consumers want to experience the tempting behaviors and feelings of the persuasive actors while consuming a particular product in the advertisement.

Finally, it can be concluded that advertisement industry has some drawbacks for the society such as making people end up with materialism. Nonetheless, its beneficial effects in more wise purchasing and satisfactory for the consumers and in increasing the sale of specific products should be taken into consideration.

the influence of the acting person in the advertise help people
the influence of the acting person in the advertise helps people