Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni

Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

For decades Scientists and other researchers who strive to push the boundaries, have been instrumental in shaping the world in its present form. Often the contribution of this community may not have benefited the numerically larger population but still their contribution are recognized to have been pivotal in human growth.

If scientists and researchers focus on benefiting only numerically larger part of population, this could would forestall the development of uncommon areas. For instance, if medical researchers only work on remedies for diseases suffered by more number of people and ignore relatively less common but life threatening diseases such as cancer and AIDS, the situation of people suffering from such pernicious diseases would become very worse.

Secondly, It is not necessary that research and development in a specific field being done today won’t be beneficial to a larger population in future. A common example of this could be research done by space and defense institutions, for example during world war 2 many scientists including Einstein were instrumental in development of atomic bombs, this technology was not at all of any direct benefit to humanity back then. However today the same research has led to development of nuclear energy, a prominent green source of energy for people worldwide.

However there is no doubt that benefit of greater number of people is a priority, for instance Polio was a major disease and was very common around the globe, this lead to significant research in this field and today many countries have successfully eradicated polio.

Ultimately, scientists and researchers work in diverse fields, some of this work may change human lives for good in few years, some of this research may go unnoticed now only to be brought back when need arises and some part of this research may never even be of any help. Hence, there is no need to generalise that all scientific and research work around the world should only focus on the benefit of majority population.

but still their contribution are recognized
but still their contributions are recognized

has led to development of nuclear energy
has led to the development of nuclear energy

there is no doubt that benefit of greater number of people is a priority
there is no doubt that the benefit of greater number of people is a priority

this lead to significant research
this leads to significant researches