So long as they are aware of the dangers involved, adults should not be legally bound to use seat belts

Ever heard of the phrase, "Click it or Ticket"? The slogan belongs to a nationwide campaign to inform drivers to wear their seatbelts. If caught without a seatbelt, the driver can be fined. While the campaign seems like a good effort to persuade drivers to buckle up, some critics are suggesting drivers doesn't have to wear seatbelt. The critics argued that as long as the adults are aware of the dangers involved, they should not be legally bound to use seatbelts. It is currently a law for drivers and the passenger in the passenger seat to use seatbelts, undoing this law may have dire consequences for future drivers. Giving the option for drivers to buck up or not is unreasonable because adults are not fully developed until twenty-five and it wiil not protect anyone in a vehicle.

The age of an legal adult is eighteen. But our prefrontal cortex, majorly involved with decision making is not fully developed until the age of twenty-five. Would a eighteen year-old, who might've only had a month of driving experience make a conscientious safe decision to put on his or her seat belt? This would depend on how mentally developed the eighteen year-old is. There's no way of knowing, But if the law says to buckle up, all drivers are able to make a decision to prevent them from getting fined or going to jail.

Second, drivers has to remember accidents will always happen. Rather it be a drunk driver, hit and run, or slippery roads, drivers can not always count on a safe drive. But what drivers can count on are the safety equipments of their car. Whether it's the air bag or the seat-belt, it is built in the car for the protection of it's drivers and passengers. Seat belts keeps everyone alive, the adults who choose not buckle up will ultimately hurt themselves and the passengers in the vehicle.

Although the supporters of this options wants adult drivers to be fully aware of the consequences of not wearing a seat-belt, this option will do exactly the opposite. Presenting the option of seat-belts will jeopardize the whole nation which is dependent on driving. If adults are not wearing seat-belts, the whole country will end up in a nation-wide car pileup.

drivers doesn't have to wear seatbelt.
drivers don't have to wear seatbelt.

Sentence: Giving the option for drivers to buck up or not is unreasonable because adults are not fully developed until twenty-five and it wiil not protect anyone in a vehicle.
Error: wiil Suggestion: will

Sentence: But our prefrontal cortex, majorly involved with decision making is not fully developed until the age of twenty-five.
Error: prefrontal Suggestion: No alternate word

More arguments wanted in the essay body.