"Some businessmen argue that even though in their private lives they are not indifferent to ethics, it is acceptable that in their office lives they cease to be private citizens and become game players who must be guided by a somewhat different set of eth

To be a businessman, one must possess the drive to succeed. However, some are willing to do anything to achieve that dream. The statement above states businessmen should be allowed to become game players that must be guided by somewhat of different set of ethics. The argument may have a valid point since we are dealing with business and success is only achieved by drive. However, the question then points to what one is willing to do to get there. As an individual of morals, I strongly disagree to the statement above. Once must be present oneself in high standards in their private life and in their jobs.

No matter what the form of business is, it only flourish when there are customers. These customers come from all different backgrounds and financial situations. These customers trust the businessmen with their hard earned money in hopes that they are in good hands. A good businessman will be honest with their customers' money and is transparent to what he is doing with in. However, that is sometimes not the case in situations where a businessman is involved in fraudulent business such as a ponzi scheme. These businessmen intentionally destroys the life of investors so they can gain more monetary return for themselves. Lives are destroyed for the people who invested their money to this ponzi scheme. If the businessmen aren't hold accountable, they will definitely do it over and over again.

Another example of why businessmen should be accountable for their action is that we live in a society where there are checks and balances. We need regulations for businesses to make sure customers are treated right and get a fair treatment. If there were such no regulations, stores will charge more of their products and they will be able to tax their items at their disclosure. A much bigger example is in the case of buying a house. Banks will be able charge more interest way more than they already have. At the end, the one mostly affected is the customer.

We must make make sure that every businessman is held accountable of their actions. Trade should always be fair and transparent. Accountability will keep businessmen in check of malaise and customers will treat fairly.

-------------
arguments: OK
-------------

No. of Words: 375 350 //you may put one more paragraph. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.