Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The statement suggests that students should always question what they are taught without discrimination so that they can be active learners. Nonetheless, thinking, not questioning, is the way of avoiding accepting actively. The good quality questions are those that after thinking. So one should not always question what they are taught; instead, they should always question those they do not understand after thinking through it.

One can easily assume that questioning involves the process of thinking. However, it is not necessarily so. People can have many inducements of asking questions: pretending they are paying attention, showing they are smart, being different, or simply like jumping into questions. These questions indicate that they do not think first before questioning. As a result, questioning like this is a waste of precious class time and does not help the student learn actively.

By contrast, one who is not questioning does not mean s/he is accepting the knowledge passively because thinking is going on. Learning is a process of constructing new knowledge with prior knowledge. Take learning English for instance. When learning a grammar point, say the past progressive tense, one will need to link the point to the present progressive tense and the correct verb forms and all that. The process engages active thinking; Yet, the students does not have to question since they have already mastered the previously learned knowledge. So, students should not doubt what he is learning without trying to comprehend first.

Some questions may cause more confusions. There are some commonly accepted facts and phenomena that teachers cannot explain, such as “2 is a prime number” and “the boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius.” Things like these are some knowledge that we need to know and use to solve problems. If students question things like these, teachers are unlikely able to explain and they will unlikely to figure them out. In this case, questioning them will only make them more confused. In addition, by focusing on these questions, they may miss out the really issues that they need to solve. So, students should choose to ask questions rather than all questions without filtering.

One may argue that students should always question because books and teachers can be wrong. Surely, mistakes and errors happen; yet, the chance is far lower than providing correct knowledge. Besides, if one has tried to construct the knowledge first, they will not question everything taught; instead, their questions will only target the erroneous points. In other words, students should only question those that they try to apprehend fist but cannot.

In conclusion, questioning in itself does not necessarily helps with critical thinking and active learning, thinking does. Students should try to comprehend what is taught first before questioning those that they do not understand rather than always questioning what they are taught.

questioning in itself does not necessarily helps with critical thinking
questioning in itself does not necessarily help with critical thinking

You seem change the topic.

Suppose A: Students should always question what they are taught

Suppose B: Students should always accept it passively what they are taught

you C: Students should always question what they are taught if they don't understand it

Better always support A, which is: Students should always question what they are taught. and then give 3-4 arguments. though maybe we don't agree with the idea, this is the topic asking us.

------------------------