Essay topics: Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The greatest historical and political figures in our textbooks today feature iconoclastic men and women who had held their own opinions and sought to investigate the perceived knowledge around them for the sake of veracity and peace. The students of today's society, who wish to make a difference like the personalities we learn about in school, should interrogate teachings and further seek more facts about the world in which they live. I believe that students, when necessary, should intelligently question that things they are taught throughout their lives to become smarter and more well-rounded individuals.
By cross-questioning academia in an educational institution or elsewhere, students learn more effectively and inherently pay more attention. By asking for further elucidation on a certain piece of knowledge or politely disagreeing with one of the lessons, the student allows themselves to further explore the world of academia beyond the realm of the passive and structured classroom. Even the most intelligent innovators and thinkers, like Steve Jobs and Albert Einstein, fostered their creativity and greatest knowledge outside of the academic syllabus. If one were to passively listen to the profuse amount of knowledge they take in on a daily basis, it is likely that at least some of these facts go in one ear and come out of the other. Many students, unfortunately, do not reap the benefits of free education that some other countries do not possess. They come to class and fool around with others or doze off in the middle of lecture. Even those that are presumably listening, may be multitasking on something irrelevant to the class and would therefore not receive the full benefits and fulfill the extent of learning that the teachings intend to foster.
However, one should be wary not to consistently question the lessons that they are learning, especially those teachings with which they already agree. If a student is interrogating the teacher on knowledge that the student already is satisfied with, it seems like they are questioning the lessons just for the sake of it. By the standards of societal values, other could perceive the student as a rebellious individual and this could cause the teacher to be irked by the student's constant, "smart-alec" remarks and questions. By passively accepting the knowledge once in a while, the student fosters a sense of obedience within themselves and contributes to a less hostile learning environment. Their ability to both accept and question certain teachings shows that they agree with many of the knowledge that has been taught around the world for centuries, but also stand firm and hold their own opinions and reservations, which can prove to be help them succeed in the real world.
By questioning any lessons which are equivocal or erred to them, students can be assured that they will learn not only more about the academics, but also about themselves. Contrastingly, if they learn to agree with certain information that has had strong foundations in the academia, then these students also will hold a likable place in society and continue a peaceful learning environment. It is evident from these reasons that one should diligently question the topics on which they would like to debate or need further clarification to transform into a successful and virtuous individual in the future.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|11 months 4 days ago||Phoebe||35||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 week ago||zeroreh||62||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||pandanster||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||vanooshe||50||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||nbkru2f||42.5||Read full essay|
|4 years 3 months ago||Thupten Tsering||45||Read full essay|
|4 years 6 months ago||utkarshece||65||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in an article in the Grandview Beacon."For many years the city of Grandview has provided annual funding for the Grandview Symphony. Last year, however, private contributions to the symphony increased by 200 percent and attendance at (85)
- When old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes, modern development should be given precedence over the preservation of historic buildings.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you (72)
- The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company."Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One (63.3333)
- Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (83.33329999999999)
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our socks ar (80)
- Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.Write a res (73.33329999999999)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (70)
- If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (83.33329999999999)
- True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su (91.4286)
- The following appeared in a recommendation from the president of Amburg's Chamber of Commerce."Last October the city of Belleville installed high-intensity lighting in its central business district, and vandalism there declined within a month. The city of (70)