Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

As the old adage proclaims education is light and ignorance is darkness. It is very important to choose the right and effective school and teachers right from the start of life. The passage above states a disputable issue that students always need to question any teacher without accepting the knowledge passively. To my mind, this is rather rebellious opinion which is not necessarily renders true. At least several points need to be considered before questioning what teacher gives us. The process of studying itself imply that we receive knowledge and take it unquestionably. Once the knowledge along with tools of handling it is digested and internalized, students are able to question, use logic, deliberate, use analysis and go in-depth into details, but before they receive it, they have no tools for it.

First, the passage assumes that we always need to question the teacher. The word - always - is rather extreme and general and one can not apply it to all situations. Some professors are respectable and knowledgeable and shall be venerated and taken example of; while others might lack professional and personal qualities and information received from them needs to be questioned. Thus, not always we need to challenge the teacher or professor as this is disrespectful and, in case one have no respect to the source of knowledge, the knowledge would not be properly received.

Secondly, one has to consider the question of trust to the teacher. If the teacher is trustworthy one have no need to question it, however, if the teacher is in doubt himself, many questions need to be asked. Even before choosing the school or university any student along with parents needs to check the quality of school, its rating, the ratio of professors to students, values that this particular school has and can instill in students. For example, school is the place where one can learn how to use critical thinking skills and professor who gives those skills does not need to be questioned as the idea that he was trusted to teach this subject in university is a good indicator that he knows it well.

Thirdly, one needs to consider if sources that teacher uses are trustworthy. In this world, there are only three way to get the veracity – using logic, using authority and using good sources. While logic is something that comes from us and sometimes can lead us in deadlock thus making us the victim of our own deliberations, good sources or transcendental materials will never fail us. For example, when the teacher uses hard proven facts such is factual information from newspaper, scientifically proven facts or material from ancient scriptures then sources can be trusted. In case, teacher uses material from such sources, even if he is not trustworthy himself, we still can trust him as his sources are good and reliable.

In sum, one not always needs to question teachers in schools but consider first if the teacher is knowledgeable and trustworthy and if the sources he uses are dependable and authentic.

in case one have no respect
in case one has no respect