Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

For every person his/her student life is full of work, enthusiasm and dreams of future life. It is the best part of life wherein a person maybe too focused, imagining himself at a pinnacle, a few years later or a confused kid, having absolutely no idea of his coming days. However, the quality education they receive is of utmost importance. Universities offer various courses to these students and it generally depends on the students which way they prefer to go. However, few universities may compel them to study a variety of courses apart from their interest of study and I believe it to be a not very good sign in a student's life.

In a university, each student differs. One may excel in a dance form, whereas another may cook a delicious meal in his kitchen, one may have good managerial skills whereas one may pursue to be a recluse writer. Every student thus has varied interests and accordingly, selects a course. However, a command from university, regarding taking up various courses may not be welcomed by the students. Hence, they will be compelled against their interest in pursuing certain courses. And it is a well known fact that performing a task in a perfunctory manner yields no good results.

Students have another huge problem in their life - Time Management. Every course a student takes requires them to perform various tasks like submitting assignments within the deadlines, research, field study, arranging campaigns or seminars, study for hours till late at night, etc. If universities demand students with taking up extra courses, the students will not be able to dedicate their time optimally to either of their courses. This will again not yield any fruitful results.

Multitasking is not the cup of tea for each student. As a result, at times students may get depressed. Mental well-being is of utmost importance in person's life, and compromising with it can lead to harmful consequences. Statistics show that there are numerous suicide cases of students and the major reason for it is the insurmountable work pressure. Also, gradually stress tends to take a toll on their health. Those who are able to sustain through it, however are not very satisfied with their time spent, as their quality time to be spent with family and friends is substantially reduced. There are various students who do not meet their family members for months owing to it and they surely, regret it.

On the contrary, it can also be said that the universities are not totally incorrect if they demand from students a few more courses. A university will surely consider the benefit of its students. In this fast pacing and highly competitive world, a person wishing to reach his pinnacle must have an edge over others and extra courses will surely provide them with it. For example, a student learning various foreign languages may have better position and income as compared to his counterparts. Also there are few students, who are quite uncertain with their life. For them it may be a hunt in the dark about where their interests lie. For a few, various courses maybe an advantage for considering various options of employment.

Summarizing, it can be said that, for a student, it would be beneficial that he decides his field of study on the basis of his interests and completes it, wholeheartedly. If he considers himself able to perform a multitasking job, he himself can pursue another course. However, a university, compelling students to take up various courses seems quite unacceptable and should be a matter of personal decision.

The introduction is not developed well. Look:
However, the quality education they receive is of utmost importance. Universities offer various courses to these students and it generally depends on the students which way they prefer to go. However,...