Essay topics: The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
There is no doubt that a well informed society contributes to a healthy nation. We ive in a world where almost all the countries are democratic. Right to express opinion and views forms the essential crux of democracy.The main difference between other forms of government and democracy is that the people also take part in the process which is rightly described as 'by the people', 'of the people' and 'for the people'.
Thus the common subjects question the authority forms the basis of the government.
Realistically speaking, we are all human beings and we have personal desires but a person in power should not have any personal agendas or motives. In the contemporary world we come across many politicians succumbing to corruption and involving in many scams. The consequences of these are borne by thousands of innocent civilians.If the person in highest position is venal,then the masses who elected them should have all the right to questiion them. This will ensure a check in the functioning of the government. Otherwise, everything will go haywire and out of control which can have serious effects of ruining the entire country.
Let us take example of country ruled under dictatorship,or monarchy like Pakistan. The citizens of the country suffer from the autonomous rule imposedon them without their will. There is no freedom for expressing their views.
Statisticaly speaking, countries that involve it's people in the decision making process like the USA, UK, India etc.. outform other nations where people have little say in them.Afterall, the people in power are public servants,thus they have to work for the betterment of the society. To do that, they should understand theey have to listen to their demands and needs.
There are tens of example where a scandulous politician have been sent to prison because the public raised their voice. In India, various scams have come into limelight only because of the common mass decided to question the authority. French revolution happened because the ruler did not listen to the people's voice and in turn they decided to take actions on their own. So many kingdoms have vanished in single night because their supercilious attitude.
In conclusion, it is very important to take the public's opinion to account. However, the people should also understand that they have chosen their leaders and questioning their every move may cause harm and affect them. For instance, the demonetization move by the Indian Prime minister, shocked the entire world and many opposed it but after a while when they understood the real motive behind it, people started supporting it. In reality, many of the decisions made by the people in power may look hazy and blur and outright stupid. It is absolutely fine if the public is wary of it. But, they should analyse and understand the real reason behind those moves by the government before making any big opposing view because the ultimate victim is going to be the common man.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 16 hours ago||test123||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Sril||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 days ago||ShAllke||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||zeroreh||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||zeroreh||58||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||foisal||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||acxdcxmcx||50||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||tasneem184||58||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||4cut||87.66670000000001||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||casmacc||50||Read full essay|
- Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (16)
- Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals.Write a response in wh (58)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involv (58)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (50)
- The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting (50)
- It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (58)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure (58)
- The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylates, f (58)
- Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree (83)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher (66)