Popular Learning Resource Now Provides GRE® Test Takers Free Math Support

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 11/10/2014 - 19:34

PRINCETON, N.J., Nov. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The
GRE
® Program
has just introduced a brand-new resource for helping test takers gain more familiarity around the math concepts that appear on the GRE
® revised General Test. 

View photo

.

ETS logo.

Individuals can visit the GRE website to get a detailed lesson mapping of GRE math concepts connected to free instructional interactive exercises and videos on the Khan Academy website. This lesson mapping provides direct links to dozens of relevant Khan Academy interactive exercises and videos in the areas of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis, all concepts covered in the GRE revised General Test. These can be accessed at www.ets.org/gre/khan.

"We are always seeking new ways to help test takers feel comfortable and succeed. The Khan Academy interactive exercises and videos can provide extra help, whether individuals are looking for added practice or need to refresh their math skills in a particular area," says Dawn Piacentino, Director of Communications and Services for the GRE Program at ETS.

A recent survey of GRE test takers revealed that slightly more than one-third of individuals said they prepare about one to four hours per week and another one-third said they averaged about five to nine hours per week. Responses were well divided among those who said they spend more time preparing for the Quantitative Reasoning section of the GRE revised General Test compared to those who prepared more for the Verbal Reasoning section of the test. 

The lesson mapping for the instructional interactive exercises and videos on the Khan Academy ties directly to the free, downloadable 100-page GRE®Math Review
— available on the GRE website — which includes definitions, properties, examples and a set of exercises with answers at the end of each section. 

Students now have the ability to access germane instructional math content in print and video formats to facilitate their test preparation. The GRE Program also offers other test preparation materials in a variety of formats, such as the highly recommended free POWERPREP
®II software which includes two full-length computer-delivered practice tests.

"It's about giving students the power of confidence," Piacentino said. "That's why we also introduced the
ScoreSelect
® Option
, available only with the GRE tests. With this option, GRE test takers can decide on test day — or anytime up to five years after test day — which of their sets of scores to send to graduate or business schools worldwide. So whether they test once or more than once, they can show their best scores. It helps people approach test day with confidence knowing they have options."

The GRE revised General Test is the most widely accepted admissions test for graduate and business school worldwide. Last year, nearly 800,000 GRE tests were taken in pursuit of master's, MBA, specialized master's in business and doctoral programs.

Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization that provides free online materials and resources to support personalized education for learners of all ages and has delivered over 400 million lessons, with learners completing over 2.5 billion exercise problems. On Khan Academy, students can practice math at their own pace within an adaptive environment, starting from 1+1, all the way up to calculus.

For more information about the GRE revised General Test or to register to take the test, visit www.ets.org/gre

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL
® and TOEIC 
® tests, the GRE 
® tests and The Praxis Series 
® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

Article references
news.yahoo.com