U.K. Education seminar today

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 11/07/2014 - 19:33

As part of its Great Britain campaign, the British Council will hold a U.K. Education Seminar at Hotel Fortune JP Palace near the government guest house on Saturday.

Announcing this at a press conference here on Friday, Tammy Sandhu, Deputy Head of Mission and Head of U.K. Trade and Investment at British Deputy High Commission, Chennai, said the seminar will cover various aspects of studying and living in the U.K.

The seminar, which begins at 2.30 p.m., will also feature interactive sessions with the alumni, who will share their experiences on IELTS, and of studying in the U.K. Those attending the seminar will be able to speak to representatives of the British Council and learn more about areas of interest, besides participating in a slogan writing contest.

Sonu Hemanii, senior manager, Education U.K., South India, said it was the first time that the British Council was organising a U.K. Education seminar in Mysuru. A decision to hold the event in the city was taken in view of the interest shown by students. Besides, the city was an education centre with many educational institutions.

Ms. Sandhu said participating students, parents and stakeholders in the Mysuru’s education sector can know more about the U.K.’s scholarship programme for India.

More than 750 scholarships were offered to Indian students in the last two years and around 401 scholarships will be up for grabs this year, she added.

“The Great Britain Scholarships – India 2015 is the largest ever scholarship programme offered to Indian students,” Ms. Sandhu said. The scholarships are worth 1.51 million pounds, equivalent to Rs. 15.1 crore, and will be made available in subjects ranging from engineering to art and design, across 57 institutions in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Article references
www.thehindu.com