Animal testing should be banned for any reasons including medical purpose To what extent do you agree or disagree

The first reaction of any human is to end animal testing without any equivocations. Animal are just like us: they breathe, eat, sleep, reproduce and feed their young ones. However, most scientist would vote against this notion citing medical research has saved billons of lives to date. Yet, I disagree with them, inasmuch as I assert it unreasonable.
It is pointless and unethical to take the animals life for the sake of testing. The drug and administration reports around the world affirm that 92 out 100 drug tests that pass animals fail. We know that it is not proven fully, then why animals are being subjected to long and painful disposed if experiment fails or animal is again forced back into the same cage for further observation. For example, it is ruthless to blind a monkey to make new mascara. It is utterly cruel and in humane.
We live in the 21st century, and for every small cause we have social workers, civil rights movements and the state administration protecting us from the potential harm. But this cause looks highly underrepresented. Another argument against medical testing on animals is we have alternative technologies, such as bioengineering and computer modeling that are harmless and accurate to a great extent.
In conclusion, whatever arguments in favor of animal testing presented are puerile considering the trauma and pain animal go through. It is horrid to kill poor breathing animals.