You are herethe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.

the chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 10 September 2013

Given is the chart providing a comparison of changes in average house prices in five cities in 1990 and 2002 with the average house prices in 1989.

A glance at the graph reveals that during 1990-95 there were decreases in average house price in New York, Tokyo and London with the percentage of 5%, 7,5 % and 7,5 % respectively. In contrast, prices in Madrid and Frankfurt had slightly risen, approximately 2 % and 2,5 % accordingly.

Referring to the information bar it can also be observed that London ranked first with about 12% and was marginally ahead of other indicated countries from 1996 to 2002. There was marked a noticeable fall in the percentage of average house prices in Tokyo, whereas in New York, Madrid and Frankfurt the percentages reached 5%, 4 % and 2 % accordingly.

The major conclusion drawn from this chart is that in comparison with prices in 1989average house prices had changed particularly in given cities between 1990 and 2000.

some people think that only way to make a good career is to enter a college/university after school.others prefers getting a job straight to have experience after school graduation .what is your view point? suzain
In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What are your opinions on this? asim
As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.What factors contribute to job satisfaction?How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers? nwahyuni
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents,for instance for sport or music,and others are not.However it is sometimes claimed that any children can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views dawnsagar
It is generally believed that people are born with certain talents,for instance for sport or music,and others are not. However,it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views and giv ash5005
In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? Azizat
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion. ligitukas
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions.Some people think it is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Vusal347
Many languages are disappearing every year. Is this a bad thing, or could having fewer languages help bring people together? juro999
More and more professionals are moving from developing countries to rich countries to fill the vacancies of specialist. Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are cheating poor countries. Others feel that it is Tessy James sticky icon

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
some parent believe that watching and paying computer games should be limited and subtitled by reading books.do you agree or disagree? rahele
Nowadays an increasingnumber of people changetheir career and place ofresidence several times duringtheir life. Is this a positive ora negative development? Justin
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination. eddysuaib
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The private modern vehicle has greatly improved individual freedom of movement. Moreover, it has become a status symbol. Its use though has impacted negatively on city centres as a whole. What are some serious problems brought about by private motor vehic satyakrishna23
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay

The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon