You are herethe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.

the chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 10 September 2013

Given is the chart providing a comparison of changes in average house prices in five cities in 1990 and 2002 with the average house prices in 1989.

A glance at the graph reveals that during 1990-95 there were decreases in average house price in New York, Tokyo and London with the percentage of 5%, 7,5 % and 7,5 % respectively. In contrast, prices in Madrid and Frankfurt had slightly risen, approximately 2 % and 2,5 % accordingly.

Referring to the information bar it can also be observed that London ranked first with about 12% and was marginally ahead of other indicated countries from 1996 to 2002. There was marked a noticeable fall in the percentage of average house prices in Tokyo, whereas in New York, Madrid and Frankfurt the percentages reached 5%, 4 % and 2 % accordingly.

The major conclusion drawn from this chart is that in comparison with prices in 1989average house prices had changed particularly in given cities between 1990 and 2000.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

anis Bangladesh

Several languages die every year. Many people feel this is a positive trend and that a world with fewer language promotes harmony and uderstanding between people.Analyze both sides of this arguement and provide your opinion. serene123
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become move useful adults.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Rita Irianti
The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. MOJIONO
The graph below shows the amount spent on apparel on the internet in USA and japan between 1999 and 2003. Amandeep Singh
Inventors are not as important to society as doctors. To what extent do you agree with this statement. ranisa
I only get score 5 or 5.5 in IELTS. How can I get better marks? naresh dubaka
You recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of year and the heating/cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.In your letter give details of what was wrong eddysuaib sticky icon
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree? Yves
The table below shows the proportion of different categories of facilities living in poverty in Australia in 1999.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. maryam2900
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime.Others,however,argue that the circumstances of an individual crime,and the motivation for commiting it,should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Lalayev

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what Eric john sticky icon
The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor Lê Kim Kiều Anh
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
People in big cities prefer to live alone or in small family units instead of large family groups. Do you think this is positive or negative trend? mrmo2610
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Do you think business should hire employees who spend their entire life working for company . Explain why you agree or disagree ! novieaherliyani
In western countries many people spend lots of money on their pets. They buy special food for their cats and dogs; but them toys and often pay high fees for their medical treatment. Some people think, this is a waste of money and argue that pets are dirty serene123

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make c xaida sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon