The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in millions) of telephone calls in Finland, divided into three categories, from 1995 – 2004.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in millions) of telephone calls in Finland, divided into three categories, from 1995 – 2004.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar graph represents the ten-year trend of telephone calls in Finland, divided in: local, national and international, mobile calls. Data, expressed in million of minutes show an increasing tendency from almost 18,000 total minutes in 1995 to 32,000 in 2004.

In detail, local calls trend was the most prominent category, growing steadily until 2001 and then decreasing in the following three years. Different tendencies were presented by national and international calls and mobile ones, growing in the whole decade. Precisely, national and international calls grew constantly of 60%, remaining for all the period the second category for total calls. At the same time mobile calls jumped prominently, passing from 1% of total calls to approximately 30%.

Considering the trends of all the three categories, it is highly probable that mobile calls continued to increase in the following years. Through a decade, mobiles have become not only a type of phone, but also advanced devices that could substitute traditional phones in all their functions.

Where did you get this? 'Through a decade, mobiles have become not only a type of phone, but also advanced devices that could substitute traditional phones in all their functions.'