In cities and towns all over the world the high volume of traffic is a problem What are the causes of this and what actions can be taken to solve this problem

In cities and towns all over the world the high volume of traffic is a problem. What are the causes of this and what actions can be taken to solve this problem?

Technology has changed lifestyle of mankind. It has become possible to travel long distances in no time. Purchasing power of people significantly increased in recent time which resulted in more personal vehicles on the road which are creating traffic jams. However there are also some more reasons behind this terrible problem. Here in this essay I will present my opinion on the same.

To begin with, Firstly, the road network in the past was design was failed due to rapid increase in number of vehicles on the road in shorter time due to vast advancement of technology and increased demand of private vehicles. The increasing demand of private vehicles is due to inefficient public transport facility provided by government. Due to this reason people have to travel by their own vehicles to reach their work place or any other place to reach on time which results in increase in traffic jams on the road. Secondly, there is a lack of awareness among people about traffic sense for example in many Asian countries people avoid following traffic rules. The consequence is traffic jams for longer hours on roads.

However, these problems can be resolved If People understand traffic rules and drive vehicles according to rules. This will decrease traffic jams on the road. Apart from that a good Public transport system with cheap fair would decrease number of personal vehicles on the road which are main cause of traffic jams. Besides government should limit number of vehicles owned by single person like in Singapore, government has made strict rule and do not permit new vehicles on the road above certain limit.

To sum up, I feel that the problem of traffic is not easy to control however; Government rules and awareness among people can resolve this problem up to certain limit.

Purchasing power of people significantly increased in recent time which resulted in more personal vehicles on the road which are creating traffic jams.
Suggestion: Can you re-write this sentence?

the road network in the past was design was failed
Description: two verbs in one sentence.

Still have grammatical issues. Read a good grammar book.