Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.comicsbooksradiotelevisionfilmtheatreYou should write at least 250 words.

Essay topics: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.

comics
books
radio
television
film
theatre

You should write at least 250 words.

marzieh's picture

Today, we live in the modern world and we need some tools for communication. Fortunately, we have various types of media such as books, radio, TV, film, theater, comics, which are used for communication. All these have some advantages and disadvantages. In this essay I consider three item of this category include TV, radio and books.

In my opinion, books have had undoubted effect on people life. For many years, books were only way for communication. Nowadays, we can find a lot of old books that were written many years ago. Books have a lot of advantages. Books are known as valuable source for record information, theories and so on. We can access them all the time. Unfortunately, books have some disadvantages. Firstly, if books are not maintained carefully, they will be destroyed. Secondly, books are written in different languages, so sometimes when they are translated, some of their concept in destination languages is changed. Finally, communication through books is offline.

In the beginning of twenty century, Lumiere brothers introduced industrial of cinema to the world. Because of their invention, today we have TV and radio. TV and radio in some way are similar. Both of them are based on online communication between people. We have a lot of live programs on TV and radio. We can follow online news from whole world. Besides, both of them are used for commercial proposed too. For example, daily a lot of advertising are shown in TV. There is no limited for time, channel and type of programs which are made for TV or radio. The most different between TV and radio is TV has picture, so people can see picture and video through TV.

Some people believe, watching TV is wasting their time, because unlike radio, they cannot listen to TV and do their other activities. Moreover, because of commercial nature of some programs in TV or radio, they try to change people life style whether in good ways or bad ways.

To sum up, I prefer to read a book than watch TV or listen to radio, because reading a book increase brain activities.