The costs of medical health care are increasing all the time. Governments are finding it difficult to balance the health care budget.Should citizens be totally responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, or is it better t

The costs of medical health care are increasing all the time. Governments are finding it difficult to balance the health care budget.
Should citizens be totally responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, or is it better to have a comprehensive health care system which provides free health services for all? Discuss.

Nowadays, due to the more advance technology health care we have, illness such as cancer is not a non-curable illness anymore, unlike the older days where when people think of cancer they will of death. Thus, as medicine and health care gets more advance, it is normal for the costs of medical health care to increase.

However, high cost of medical health care will be a disadvantage to those people who come from poor families and even some senior citizens whose children do not care about them anymore, as they would not be able to afford to pay such high medical fees. Thus, it is better to have a comprehensive health care system which provides free health services for all who has financial problems such as having medisave.

I find that those who are well-finance should be responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, so that the government will not find it difficult to balance the health care budget, and be able to help more poor citizens who deserve the money more. Citizens who are well-finance should also help by donating money to finance those who are sick but has not money to cure their illness. In a way, they will also help to decrease the budget and doing a good deed at the same time.

In conclusion, citizens who can afford for their own health costs should be responsible for it, and for those who could not afford, the government should help them by having a comprehensive health care system.

Read essays by top users:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sfaht1
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james