In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations.

It is true that people in industrialised nations can expect to live longer than ever before. Although there will undoubtedly be some negative consequences of this trend, societies can take steps to mitigate these potential problems.

As people live longer and the populations of developed countries grow older, several related problems can be anticipated. The main issue is that there will obviously be more people of retirement age who will be eligible to receive pension. The proportion of younger adults, the working people will be smaller and governments will therefore receive less money in taxes in relation to the size of population. This can be burdened on government’s reserve money. In other words, aging populations will mean a greater tax burden for working adults. Additionally, it will also put pressure on medical such as hospitals need more beds and medical stuffs. And lastly, younger adults will increasingly have to look after their elderly relatives.

There are several ways to mitigate the aging problems in developed countries. Firstly, People may have to retire later, governments could rise the state pension age by introducing new laws. As a consequences, governments will receive more money in taxes and this will lead to less pressure on government’s reserve money. Secondly, medical advances and health programmes might allow elder people to stay healthy and work for longer. People should be encouraged to have more than one children. Governments should be striker about it. Finally, governments could encourage immigration in order to increase the proportion of younger adults.

In conclusion, various measures can be taken to tackle the problem that are certain to arise as the populations of developed countries grow older.

-------------
Is there any grammatical error? Please advice me to improve the essay.

Sentence: In conclusion, various measures can be taken to tackle the problem that are certain to arise as the populations of developed countries grow older.
Description: The fragment the problem that is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: It is true that people in industrialised nations can expect to live longer than ever before.
Error: industrialised Suggestion: No alternate word

No. of Words: 276 350 (More words, higher marks)