Essay topics: The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.
The diagram shows three up-to-the-minute incoming information devices to produce reliable weather by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. The three incoming information come from satellite, radar and drifting buoy. From those three devices; satellite, radar and drifting buoy, the information will be analysed and forecasted through each three information based on the incoming information source devices. Information from the satellite will analyse through satellite photo, information from radar will then analyse through radar screen and the data from drifting buoy will be analysed and forecasted through synoptic chart. All these three data will prepare to be broadcasted to people. The preparation through computer devices will be edited, printed and vice versa by an authorised person. Then the prepared information will be announced through some broadcasting machines, including TV newspaper, radio and recorded announcement. Through this several broadcasting information devices, people are supposed to know the reliable producing information by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology so they can be aware of an unexpected things such as storm, flood, avalanche and tornado.
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think it is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (70)
- The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think it is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (60)
- The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (70)
- Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (70)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishme (75)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? (62)
- The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how the cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where rel (70)
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways technology has affected the types of relationships people make?Has this become a positive or negative development (228) (57.1429)