You are hereThe diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.

The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.

Nilam's picture

By Nilam - Posted on 21 May 2013

The diagram shows three up-to-the-minute incoming information devices to produce reliable weather by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. The three incoming information come from satellite, radar and drifting buoy. From those three devices; satellite, radar and drifting buoy, the information will be analysed and forecasted through each three information based on the incoming information source devices. Information from the satellite will analyse through satellite photo, information from radar will then analyse through radar screen and the data from drifting buoy will be analysed and forecasted through synoptic chart. All these three data will prepare to be broadcasted to people. The preparation through computer devices will be edited, printed and vice versa by an authorised person. Then the prepared information will be announced through some broadcasting machines, including TV newspaper, radio and recorded announcement. Through this several broadcasting information devices, people are supposed to know the reliable producing information by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology so they can be aware of an unexpected things such as storm, flood, avalanche and tornado.