The diagrams bellow show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process

There are two diagrams that show about process of chocolate making and the percentage of chocolate price divided up.

The first process to make chocolate is grinding of cocoa beans to create cocoa liquor and waste product. After cocoa liquor is made, next process is pressed of cocoa liquor to make cocoa butter and cocoa powder. Cocoa powder then is used in food industry. Besides use to food industry cocoa also can use in chocolate industry by mixing cocoa liquor with cocoa butter, sugar and other ingredients to make chocolate bar.

Second diagram tells us about how chocolate price divided up. Cost of ingredients and overheads is particularly important in chocolate industry because 37% chocolate price influenced by this cost. While chocolate has good price, farmer who produces it just receives 4% of the chocolate price and company taken 10% from chocolate price. On the other hand supermarket take 30% higher than farmer and government receives 15% in taxes.