You are hereWith divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

Ghoul Azizkhan's picture

By Ghoul Azizkhan - Posted on 19 March 2013

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.
Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

The world in 21th century is unarguably undergoing unprecedented gargantuan alterations including both positive and negative ones and this is occurring even in relationship inside families simultaneously. Since striking rates of divorces are being observed they are unquestionably thwarting family cohesion and family solidarity have been nearly vanished in the short term. This essay will elaborate on potential effects of this trend and offer some feasible solutions.

Demise of family harmony is evaluated to provoke manifold negative influences on social lives. Most importantly, more and more numbers of children are remaining fatherless or motherless and brought up in single parent families where children might not be able to cope with lack of parent support. Upbringing a child in single parent family is unmanageable issue in which inadequate discipline and behavior of children will ensue, as it cannot be necessarily given to children by merely one mother or father. Consequently, those children are not expected to be well-behaved and this will provoke involvement in crime and drug addiction simply due to lack of discipline. Family breakdowns are therefore enormous threat to future generations especially when families with children get divorced.

Providing perfect adequate solutions for negative outcomes of family breakdowns is not predominantly feasible. However, some potential preventing policies might be beneficial. For instance, families have to be dissuaded from divorcing and encouraged consider about negative influences of them on children’s future lives in due course. Meanwhile, government is also required to promote families and tackle destructive influences and reasons, which spoil family solidarity, in order to solve them.

To summarize, one can conclude that family breakdowns have enormous potential to affect family members, notably children, negatively. While searching for solutions, both government and family have to seek to save families from breaking as it requires joint efforts.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

kanna United Sta

harry india

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The diagram below shows changes in the popularity of cinema and television(1957-1974).Write a report on this topic. jason
Some people believe that unpaid community services should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sport to younger children).To what extent do you agree or disagree? SilentSanzhar
Unemployment is one of the most serious problems facing developed nations today. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of reducing the working week to thirty five hours? sandeep pooni
Writing task 1 Sabee
Some people believe that there would be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishme amelly92 sticky icon
General Writing Task - 1Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.Write a letter to your friend. In your Letter -> Thank them for the photos and for the holiday-> Explain banditdj
The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. rizqifahma
Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. Yora
The Diagram of How Chocolate is Made rizqifahma
In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small com Andi Alamsyah

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.Do you agree or disagree? marzieh

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

Sentence: For instance, families have to be dissuaded from divorcing and encouraged consider about negative influences of them on children's future lives in due course.
Description: A verb, past participle is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to encouraged and consider

More words, higher marks.