You are hereWith divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

Ghoul Azizkhan's picture

By Ghoul Azizkhan - Posted on 19 March 2013

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.
Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

The world in 21th century is unarguably undergoing unprecedented gargantuan alterations including both positive and negative ones and this is occurring even in relationship inside families simultaneously. Since striking rates of divorces are being observed they are unquestionably thwarting family cohesion and family solidarity have been nearly vanished in the short term. This essay will elaborate on potential effects of this trend and offer some feasible solutions.

Demise of family harmony is evaluated to provoke manifold negative influences on social lives. Most importantly, more and more numbers of children are remaining fatherless or motherless and brought up in single parent families where children might not be able to cope with lack of parent support. Upbringing a child in single parent family is unmanageable issue in which inadequate discipline and behavior of children will ensue, as it cannot be necessarily given to children by merely one mother or father. Consequently, those children are not expected to be well-behaved and this will provoke involvement in crime and drug addiction simply due to lack of discipline. Family breakdowns are therefore enormous threat to future generations especially when families with children get divorced.

Providing perfect adequate solutions for negative outcomes of family breakdowns is not predominantly feasible. However, some potential preventing policies might be beneficial. For instance, families have to be dissuaded from divorcing and encouraged consider about negative influences of them on children’s future lives in due course. Meanwhile, government is also required to promote families and tackle destructive influences and reasons, which spoil family solidarity, in order to solve them.

To summarize, one can conclude that family breakdowns have enormous potential to affect family members, notably children, negatively. While searching for solutions, both government and family have to seek to save families from breaking as it requires joint efforts.