You are hereWith divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

Ghoul Azizkhan's picture

By Ghoul Azizkhan - Posted on 19 March 2013

With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.
Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.

The world in 21th century is unarguably undergoing unprecedented gargantuan alterations including both positive and negative ones and this is occurring even in relationship inside families simultaneously. Since striking rates of divorces are being observed they are unquestionably thwarting family cohesion and family solidarity have been nearly vanished in the short term. This essay will elaborate on potential effects of this trend and offer some feasible solutions.

Demise of family harmony is evaluated to provoke manifold negative influences on social lives. Most importantly, more and more numbers of children are remaining fatherless or motherless and brought up in single parent families where children might not be able to cope with lack of parent support. Upbringing a child in single parent family is unmanageable issue in which inadequate discipline and behavior of children will ensue, as it cannot be necessarily given to children by merely one mother or father. Consequently, those children are not expected to be well-behaved and this will provoke involvement in crime and drug addiction simply due to lack of discipline. Family breakdowns are therefore enormous threat to future generations especially when families with children get divorced.

Providing perfect adequate solutions for negative outcomes of family breakdowns is not predominantly feasible. However, some potential preventing policies might be beneficial. For instance, families have to be dissuaded from divorcing and encouraged consider about negative influences of them on children’s future lives in due course. Meanwhile, government is also required to promote families and tackle destructive influences and reasons, which spoil family solidarity, in order to solve them.

To summarize, one can conclude that family breakdowns have enormous potential to affect family members, notably children, negatively. While searching for solutions, both government and family have to seek to save families from breaking as it requires joint efforts.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today. Are there shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experie avista_nada sticky icon
The proportion of the population aged 65 and over in different countries between 1940 and 2040 Dhani Aristya
IELTS essay:Over the past 50 years, young people gain status and power but old people have lost. What is the cause and is it a good development or bad development? essayking
Some authors believe that urbanization is a ‘Modern Disease’. In not less than 250 words explain if you agree with this view and give your own opinion serene123
Young people in modern world seem to have more power and influence than any previous young generation.Why is this the case? What impact does this have on the relationship between old and young people? panji sticky icon
It is generally believe that some people are born with certain talents,for instance,for sport or music and others are not.However,it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views and Bincy
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison where relevant. Lalayev
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Dilbar sticky icon
Some people argue that it is more important to have an enjoyable job than to earn a lot of money. Others disagree and think that a good salary brings to a better life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. michele.gallia
the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in the different countries sprigidts

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic growth helps to improve the standard of living. However, some researches show that people in developing countries are happy with this trend, whilest people in developed countries are not happy about it. Explain why do you think about it? Tessy James
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion. ligitukas
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Sample IELTS speaking: family (married person) essayking

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon

Sentence: For instance, families have to be dissuaded from divorcing and encouraged consider about negative influences of them on children's future lives in due course.
Description: A verb, past participle is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to encouraged and consider

More words, higher marks.