Education Some people argue that the government should support funding for the arts while some other people suggest that the money should be used for public health and education Discuss both views and give your opinion

[Education]
Some people argue that the government should support funding for the arts, while some other people suggest that the money should be used for public health and education. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

With the ever-increasing initiatives of promoting arts, whether the authority should provide subsidies for the arts or inject money into the financial bloodstream of public infrastructure has become a widely debated topic. While many people believe that arts should be sponsored by the government, others maintain that government expenditure should instead be used for patronizing medical services and education. Given that arts cannot stimulate the economy and money can be spent effectively on the infrastructure, I would prefer the latter.

Regarding the purpose of the tax revenue generated, it should strive to stimulate the economy in accordance with the principle of Economy, which is a canon of taxation, underlined by Adam Smith, an economist. As an example, arts does not help people either to be more productive at work or to healthier lives. This violates the principle of taxation and therefore citizens cannot benefit at large from the taxes they paid and this makes society overall less harmonious. Therefore, the authority should spend money on the infrastructure and not on arts to avoid the plight that the money spent on arts eventually becomes a white elephant.

In terms of making investments in the society, investing tax revenue in department of health and Education Bureau is a far more a better choice. Since it can make an impact on resource allocation by subsidizing on a certain field, whereas there are so much exogenous factors that determine the development of arts beyond capital such as talents,opposing forces and lands. For instance, tax revenue collected can be in meliorating hospital facilities and classroom equipment to enhance the productivity of the society. Therefore, this money should be directed towards promoting health and education of the public because it has a more palatable return.

Having discussed the principle of taxation and resource allocation effects on the uses of government expenditure, I firmly believe that public health and education should instead be advocated in comparison to arts. Moving forward, If taxation can be used on the infrastructure, I am confident that the society would become more harmonious as taxpayers could benefit to the taxes they paid.

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater

Read this link about Coherence:
http://www.testbig.com/question/coherence