Essay topics: Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
There are 259 countries and more than 5000 languages in the world. However, the number of languages is decreasing because some of them have already disappeared and some of them are going to die out. Some people find this fact pretty normal, because with fewer languages life will be easier. To my way of thinking, the number of languages does not depend on life ease.
For the great majority of people, it will be easier to communicate with each other if there is small number of languages. For example, people might become friendlier, because the languages barrier would be knocked down. In addition to that, there will not be problem of misunderstanding between individuals from different countries. One should note here that with disappearing of some languages, country would save time and money spent on interpreters and paperwork related to it.
One should, nevertheless, consider the problem from another angle. First that needs to be said is that every language has its own history. As a result of disappearing one language, whole nation would perish, because language plays a vital and most important role in every culture. Furthermore, one should not forget how many oeuvres were written in dead languages. For instance, a lot of books and oeuvres were in Latin. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to read original of those books.
To my point of view, all of presented consequences are true enough. To sum up, I totally disagree that life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world, because every language is valuable and merit to be respected.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||wanty.wej||60||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 weeks ago||krrish2||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 week ago||puneetsachdeva85||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||wq.lee226||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||nundc||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||wolve||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||mohd326||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||merrri13||84||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||jeffzhou||66.66670000000001||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||eddysuaib||80||Read full essay|
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? (60)
- Ielts task 1 (65)
- IELTS task 1 (65)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of tis outweigh the disadvantages? (56.6667)
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree? (56.6667)
- Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both these views and give yo (65)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (70)
- Young people are much more aware of and concerned about issues like the environment, poverty and animal welfare than previous generations. What is your own opinion? (71.25)
- Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree? (50)
- The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest? (76.66670000000001)