Essay topics: Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier is there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.
It is true that the loss of languages has been a widespread concern in this day and age. Many people are of the opinion that some minor languages have a small impact on mankind’s lives. However, I strongly disagree with this belief for certain reasons.
To begin with, a plausible reason for opposing this extinction is that language represents a nation’s culture. Although some dominant languages such as English, Chinese, Spanish are encouraged to be used worldwide, an indigenous language should be kept to prevent cultural homogeneity.In fact, if a country gives up its own language and takes up another, its national identity is likely to change. Obviously, the tourism industry will suffe ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Some people believe that academic subjects such as chemistry, physics and history should be taught in schools, while others believe that students will derive more benefit from studying practical subjects, such as motor mechanics and cooking. Discuss both (85)
- The graph below shows the consumption of three spreads from 1981 to 2007.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- The bar chart below shows the percentage of students who passed their high school competency exams, by subject and gender, during the period 2010-2011.*includes French, German and Spanish (90)
- In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move out of the cities and into regional areas. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (56.6667)
- In many parts of the world, children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this happening? How should they by punished? (75)
- The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. (50)
- Modern technology allows machines to perform the hard work instead of humans. Does this have a positive or a negative effect on people? Give your own opinion and examples. (80)
- When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (75)
- Few languages are increasingly spoken in different countries, while the usage of others is rapidly declining. Is this a positive or a negative development? (72.5)
- In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduc (75)