You are hereFew languages are increasingly spoken in different countries,while the usage of others is rapidly declining.Is this a positive or a negative development?

Few languages are increasingly spoken in different countries,while the usage of others is rapidly declining.Is this a positive or a negative development?

suzain's picture

By suzain - Posted on 08 August 2013

In today's globalised world language is holding an even greater magnitude. With the passage of time it is seen that less dialects are increasingly spoken in different countries whilst the usage of others is decreasing. It is a positive development and below light will be shed upon my points.

To commence with, a jargon speaking in different countries is responsible for the globalisation. With one language as a common people have the vistas to exchange their views, ideas, etc. , and also to know about different cultures or traditions. It will make the relationship among people around the globe concrete. People interaction will increase and will ultimately there will be more progress in the world. And apart from this, few languages which are annoying in different cultures and one one of them is English -an international language is an official language in the world. Thus, people work becomes soothing and easy with common language. The people will no get any snags in their official works.

Furthermore, dialects which are increasing all over the world is ubiquitous-in devices, books, websites, etc. English is an international language and the main perk of spreading one jargon in through out the globe is that these few languages are the languages of commerce, law, medical, non-medical, etc. Students get the high degrees in these official languages. Thus, it is a positive point and also it can be seen that these are the library languages. Nearly more the half of the books in the libraries are written in those languages which are famous all over the world.

In a nutshell, in my personal pragmatic cognizance there are many benefits of having few languages in the globe as it will assist the upgrading the prestige of humanity.

Every country should provide basic health care to its people even if they don't have access to advanced technology. Comment. vvikramvverma
In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area. What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small co eddysuaib
In June 1996, an experimental flu vaccine was trialled in a large country town on females only. indah_hai
IELTS essay: space research or people's life linda85
As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing. What factors contribute to job satisfaction?How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers? (RE-WRITE) eddysuaib sticky icon
The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and mak Yves
News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported? serene123
Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss. mahadn00
The profession as a doctor is a profession which many people really need in the society. The people assume that doctors are more important than inventors. Discuss and give your own opinion. Dhani Aristya
hould Wealthy Nations Be Required to Share Their Wealth Among Poorer Nations by Providing Such Things as Food and Education? or Is It the Responsibility of the Governments of Poorer Countries to Look After Their Citizens Themselves? kamran7

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa IELTS
News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper.What factors do you think influence these decisions?Do we become used to bad news?Would it be better if more good news was reported ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Sentence: People interaction will increase and will ultimately there will be more progress in the world.
Suggestion: Refer to People and interaction

Sentence: And apart from this, few languages which are annoying in different cultures and one one of them is English -an international language is an official language in the world.
Description: The fragment one one contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

Sentence: Thus, people work becomes soothing and easy with common language.
Suggestion: Refer to people and work

Sentence: In today's globalised world language is holding an even greater magnitude.
Error: globalised Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: With the passage of time it is seen that less dialects are increasingly spoken in different countries whilst the usage of others is decreasing.
Error: whilst Suggestion: while

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.