You are hereThe following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Tessy James's picture

By Tessy James - Posted on 08 February 2013

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given two pie charts compares the popularity of leisure activities during the year 1999 and 2009 in America.

In 1999 there was very negligible difference between the percentage of yoga, jogging, camping and swimming. All shows below 10% popularity. The most popular leisure activity was walking which was 29% in the year 1999, increased to 31% after a decade.

The importance of aerobic exercises are decreased to one third after 10 years. In 1999 it was 13% reached to 4% in 2009. Soccer remained the same level roughly after the given period. Bicycle use as leisure activity fall from 12% in 1999 to 7% in 2009. Swimming became the favorable leisure activity and it doubled.

In short, in 2009, jogging dropped to half in 2009 and remained as the least popular free time activity. Yoga is replaced by weight lifting. Walking gained more importance. Soccer and swimming became second popular leisure activity.

IELTS essay:Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad/working abroad for a period of time. lmfonseca sticky icon
Men and women are different in term of their characteristics and abilities. For this reason, some jobs are better done by men and others by women.Do you agree or disagree? panji
Some people say that in order to be happy, you must have a job you love doing, others say that other factor are more important.Do you think that people can only be happy if they have a job they really enjoy? Fadlanmuzakki
With the rise in popularity of the internet, newspapers will soon become a thing ofthe past.To what extent do you agree or disagree?You should write at least 250 words. Umb221
It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society. serene123
SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT PARENTS SHOULD TEACH CHILDREN HOW TO BE GOOD MEMBERS OF SOCIETY. OTHERS, HOWEVER, BELIEVE THAT SCHOOL IS THE PLACE TO LEARN THIS.DISCUSS BOTH THESE VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION. sprigidts
Teenagers and modern family with working parents DOLLY
IELTS Writing Task 1: migration Tessy James sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables (telephone, refrigerator, etc.) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. [2] friday10042
Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for university lecturer describing the development of the village. rizqifahma

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared.Summarise the information by selecting and r naresh dubaka IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I