You are hereThe following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Tessy James's picture

By Tessy James - Posted on 08 February 2013

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given two pie charts compares the popularity of leisure activities during the year 1999 and 2009 in America.

In 1999 there was very negligible difference between the percentage of yoga, jogging, camping and swimming. All shows below 10% popularity. The most popular leisure activity was walking which was 29% in the year 1999, increased to 31% after a decade.

The importance of aerobic exercises are decreased to one third after 10 years. In 1999 it was 13% reached to 4% in 2009. Soccer remained the same level roughly after the given period. Bicycle use as leisure activity fall from 12% in 1999 to 7% in 2009. Swimming became the favorable leisure activity and it doubled.

In short, in 2009, jogging dropped to half in 2009 and remained as the least popular free time activity. Yoga is replaced by weight lifting. Walking gained more importance. Soccer and swimming became second popular leisure activity.

With the increase use of mobile phones and computers, people no longer communicate by writing letters. As a result, the skill of letter writing will soon disappear completely. To what extend do you agree or disagree? How important do you think letter writ Minor Nguyen sticky icon
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Do you agree or disagree? rawbin
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? Pushpa sticky icon
In the past, shopping was a routine domestic task. Many people nowadays regard it as a hobby. To what extent do you think this is a positive trend? Gabiu
Some people think that science is bone for us while others think that it is bane for human beings.Discuss both sides. Raman Toor
Many shops work for 24 hours a day 7 days a week ; some people see it as a good idea, while others don't. Compare different views of customers, shop workers and the whole society of this subject and give your opinion about it. Omar Sheta
The table shows the Proportions of Pupils Attending Four Secondary School Types Between Between 2000 and 2009Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Sabee
You have recently ordered a book online, but the book was delayed and has not arrived yet. Write a letter to the manager of the company- Give full details of your order.- Explain why you need the book urgently.- Suggest a solution for the situation. Rahi
some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. saeedriahi
The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and ma fialka sticky icon

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Should wealthy nation be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education ?Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nation to look after their themselves? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
There is a disagreement on the impact of increased business and culture contact between countries on a country's identity. What is your opinion? skeet IELTS Writing Task II
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Many students decide to pursue their study abroad. What are the benefits and drawbacks of studying abroad? To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement. lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II