Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (Study Sample)
It is sometimes argued that tourists from overseas should be charged more than local residents to visit important sites and monuments. I completely disagree with this idea.
The argument in favour of higher prices for foreign tourists would be that cultural or historical attractions often depend on state subsidies to keep them going, which means that the resident population already pays money to these sites through the tax system. However, I believe this to be a very shortsighted view. Foreign tourists contribute to the economy of the host country with the money they spend on a wide range of...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter:• explain your situation• describe your problems• tell him/her when you think you can start.You should 80
- The pie charts below give information about world population in 1900 and 2000 83
- The diagrams below show the development of a small fishing village and its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant 72
- Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends This has had a negative effect on their social lives What extent do you agree or disagree Give reasons for your answer and include 80
- Some people believe that a person character is reflected by how they dress. Others said that the way she (he) dresses may not say anything about what they really like. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.-Syerapke- (rewrite) 70
Sentence: The governments and inhabitants of every country should be happy to subsidise important tourist sites and encourage people from the rest of the world to visit them.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize
Sentence: If travellers realised that they would have to pay more to visit historical and cultural attractions in a particular nation, they would perhaps decide not to go to that country on holiday.
Error: realised Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 269 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 11 15
No. of Words: 269 350
No. of Characters: 1355 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.05 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.037 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.737 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 99 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 53 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.455 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.364 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.357 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5