Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (Study Sample)
It is sometimes argued that tourists from overseas should be charged more than local residents to visit important sites and monuments. I completely disagree with this idea.
The argument in favour of higher prices for foreign tourists would be that cultural or historical attractions often depend on state subsidies to keep them going, which means that the resident population already pays money to these sites through the tax system. However, I believe this to be a very shortsighted view. Foreign tourists contribute to the economy of the host country with the money they spend on a wide range of...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. 57
- In recent years, people watch more movies from overseas? What are the reasons for this? Should the government give financial support to local cinema to produce local films? 80
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 80
- As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing What factors contribute to job satisfaction How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers 77
- The bar chart below shows the estimated sales of jeans for two companies next year in Turkey. The pie chart shows the projected market share of the two companies in jeans at the end of next year.Write a short report for a university lecturer describing th 75
Sentence: The governments and inhabitants of every country should be happy to subsidise important tourist sites and encourage people from the rest of the world to visit them.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize
Sentence: If travellers realised that they would have to pay more to visit historical and cultural attractions in a particular nation, they would perhaps decide not to go to that country on holiday.
Error: realised Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 269 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 11 15
No. of Words: 269 350
No. of Characters: 1355 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.05 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.037 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.737 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 99 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 53 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.455 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.364 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.357 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5