Full time university students need to spend a lot of time on their studies but it is still essential to be involved in other activities To what extent do you agree or disagree

Full-time university students need to spend a lot of time on their studies, but it is still essential to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With keener competition among university students, whether or not full-time university students should participate in other activities rather than simply focus on their studies has become a widely debated topic. While many believe that students should be more involved into different activities, some maintain that students should spend more time on their studies. Give that extra-curricular activities can enhance one’s learning efficiency and one’s social network, I strongly agree that students should expose themselves to various types of activities.

In terms of social network, students can make friends by joining clubs and student organizations, a lot of clubs recruit new members on Orientation Day. University students can get to know people who study different subjects. This provides them an opportunity to be exposed to a variety of cultures and knowledge. Hence, not only can they broaden their horizons but also equip themselves with more knowledge not relating to the courses they take by joining extra-curricular activities.

Regarding learning efficiency, a student joining various activities during university life can make his or her study more efficient. As an example, recent studies have shown that one learns better and more quickly after playing sports. As a result, students not only have a more balanced and healthier lifestyle but also achieve better grades on their studies.

Having discussed that full-time university students are more likely to have a larger social circle and perform better on their studies by joining different activities, I firmly hold the belief that the advantages for students to expose themselves to other activities outweigh the drawbacks. I am confident that if universities encouraged the participation of extra-curricular activities, the overall GPA would increase.