You are hereThe graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

michele.gallia's picture

By michele.gallia - Posted on 30 November 2012

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows some information about tourism around the world. In particular, it is analyzed the number of international tourist arrivals in five regions (North America, Central and Eastern Europe, south-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America) according to data from 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

As we can see from the graph, tourism had been flourishing in that span of time and had steadily grown worldwide. The only region which suffered a decrease is north America, where the millions of foreign tourist arrivals had gone down from 2000 and 2005.

On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europe had become more and more attractive to tourists around the world and it is the area where international arrivals had increased the most. As we can infer form the chart, in 2005 it almost reached numbers registered in North America.

For what it concerns the other four regions the number of tourists visiting them had continued to grow, though not as sharply as in Central and Eastern Europe.

To put a conclusion, it is undeniable that tourism had become more and more widespread around the world and, from the data, there is no evidence of a decrease at least in the next few years.

Family who do not send their children to get financed schools should not be required to pay taxes that support universal education. Do you agree or disagree. drsaminayasmin
ielts graph. european population BINUDANIEL20
Your neighbors have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house flat. Write a letter to your neighbors. In your letter -explain the reasons for the noise -apologize -describe what action you will take mishti
Write a letter to a Tafe College applying to enrol in a course next semester. You should state the course you wish to enrol in. you should mention why you wish to enrol and what qualifications you already have. JAHURA RAFI
The diagrams below show the development of a small fishing village and its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. eddysuaib
Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Do you agree or disagree and give reasons and examples Ramandeep Kaur
Nowadays, animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favor of rizqifahma
Worker in low-wage industries should be provided with a guaranteed minimum income and benefits to ensure that they can provide for themselves and their families.Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your opinion. oyamazakura ngoc sticky icon
modern lifestyles means that many parents have little time for their children. many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. do the advantages over weigh the disadvantages?? sarwarfatima
The two pie charts below show the marital status of Australia's and Canada's populations for 1999 and 2000 respectively.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information below.http://www.flickr.com/photos/100425826@N04/9557032346/ mandy19.2q sticky icon

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
The table and the bar chart below give information about traveling to work in Houston, Texas.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. eddysuaib
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon
You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say- What is a problem with your photographs?- Which photo would you like f Rahi
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon