You are hereThe graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

michele.gallia's picture

By michele.gallia - Posted on 30 November 2012

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows some information about tourism around the world. In particular, it is analyzed the number of international tourist arrivals in five regions (North America, Central and Eastern Europe, south-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America) according to data from 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

As we can see from the graph, tourism had been flourishing in that span of time and had steadily grown worldwide. The only region which suffered a decrease is north America, where the millions of foreign tourist arrivals had gone down from 2000 and 2005.

On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europe had become more and more attractive to tourists around the world and it is the area where international arrivals had increased the most. As we can infer form the chart, in 2005 it almost reached numbers registered in North America.

For what it concerns the other four regions the number of tourists visiting them had continued to grow, though not as sharply as in Central and Eastern Europe.

To put a conclusion, it is undeniable that tourism had become more and more widespread around the world and, from the data, there is no evidence of a decrease at least in the next few years.