You are hereThe graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

michele.gallia's picture

By michele.gallia - Posted on 30 November 2012

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows some information about tourism around the world. In particular, it is analyzed the number of international tourist arrivals in five regions (North America, Central and Eastern Europe, south-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America) according to data from 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

As we can see from the graph, tourism had been flourishing in that span of time and had steadily grown worldwide. The only region which suffered a decrease is north America, where the millions of foreign tourist arrivals had gone down from 2000 and 2005.

On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europe had become more and more attractive to tourists around the world and it is the area where international arrivals had increased the most. As we can infer form the chart, in 2005 it almost reached numbers registered in North America.

For what it concerns the other four regions the number of tourists visiting them had continued to grow, though not as sharply as in Central and Eastern Europe.

To put a conclusion, it is undeniable that tourism had become more and more widespread around the world and, from the data, there is no evidence of a decrease at least in the next few years.

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? adventurer
The chart below show the number of Japanese tourists travelling abroad between 1985 and 1995 and Australian share of Japanese tourist market. surjeet singh
As the world becomes more technologically advanced, computers are replacing more and more jobs. Describe some job positions that may be lost because of computers, and discuss at least one problem that may result. sfaht1
wriring task 1 Maryam80
In many countries crime is on increasing. Wht are the main reasons for this? What can be done to improve the situations? Support your opinion with relevant examples. sim
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree? Momo Cherry-Cherry
The restoration of the old building in the major cities throughout the world involves the enormous government expenditure. This money would bring more benefit if it is used to provide new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagr mrmo2610 sticky icon
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. What extent do you agree to this? chen80
Some people think that government should provide assistance to all kind of artist (e.g. painters, musicians, poets), while some others think it is a waste of money. What is your opinion? iccang
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children. Do you agree or disagree? Sekar Hanafi

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. Rahi
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip

Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
Nowadays, some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have the time to do other things. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Seasky

Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon