You are hereThe graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

michele.gallia's picture

By michele.gallia - Posted on 30 November 2012

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows some information about tourism around the world. In particular, it is analyzed the number of international tourist arrivals in five regions (North America, Central and Eastern Europe, south-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America) according to data from 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

As we can see from the graph, tourism had been flourishing in that span of time and had steadily grown worldwide. The only region which suffered a decrease is north America, where the millions of foreign tourist arrivals had gone down from 2000 and 2005.

On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europe had become more and more attractive to tourists around the world and it is the area where international arrivals had increased the most. As we can infer form the chart, in 2005 it almost reached numbers registered in North America.

For what it concerns the other four regions the number of tourists visiting them had continued to grow, though not as sharply as in Central and Eastern Europe.

To put a conclusion, it is undeniable that tourism had become more and more widespread around the world and, from the data, there is no evidence of a decrease at least in the next few years.

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion farhanhar
IELTS Writing Task 1: Changes in percentage of population in urban areas (IELTS Trainer) sevensea
You celebrated your birthday with some friends last week in a restaurant. It was a great success and you and your friends enjoyed the evening very much.Write a letter to the restaurant to thank them. Mention the food, service and the atmosphere. Also sugg Umb221 sticky icon
private companies that support and carry out scientific researches are spending more than governments in these days .do the advantages of this development out weight the disadvantages.explain and give reasons. suzain
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior .Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Dilbar
Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (Study Sample) wawanwakawangze
Today more and more young children have electronic gadgets such as computers and mobile phones. Some people say that this is a positive development. robertzacaria
The diagrams show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. maryam2900
Modern technology has made it easier for individuals to download copyrighted music and books from the internet for no charge. To what extend is this a positive or a negative development? maryam2900
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Maria

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro Bustanul Arifin IELTS

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper.What factors do you think influence these decisions?Do we become used to bad news?Would it be better if more good news was reported ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II