You are hereThe graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

michele.gallia's picture

By michele.gallia - Posted on 30 November 2012

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows some information about tourism around the world. In particular, it is analyzed the number of international tourist arrivals in five regions (North America, Central and Eastern Europe, south-East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America) according to data from 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

As we can see from the graph, tourism had been flourishing in that span of time and had steadily grown worldwide. The only region which suffered a decrease is north America, where the millions of foreign tourist arrivals had gone down from 2000 and 2005.

On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europe had become more and more attractive to tourists around the world and it is the area where international arrivals had increased the most. As we can infer form the chart, in 2005 it almost reached numbers registered in North America.

For what it concerns the other four regions the number of tourists visiting them had continued to grow, though not as sharply as in Central and Eastern Europe.

To put a conclusion, it is undeniable that tourism had become more and more widespread around the world and, from the data, there is no evidence of a decrease at least in the next few years.

Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to. How true s this statement? What can tourist do to reduce the harmful effects f tourism on local culture and environments?Give your reason include your any relev avista_nada
Your business trip was cancelled because of the missing flight due to the airport's own reason. Write a letter to the manager of the airportExpress your dissatisfaction with the service Describe the whole incidentSuggest what you want the airport to do to carolsusu sticky icon
Most schools offer some type of physical education program to their students. Why is physical education important? Should physical education classes be required or optional? Rushil Chulani
As mass communication and transport continue to grow,societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization.Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity.To what extend d navi
Should money be spent on Space Exploration? Tohir Bin Umar ...
You had a good meal in a local restaurant with your family. Write a letter to the newspaper to tell them about it, describe the meal you had, and why you think the restaurant is worth visiting. anita mustikasari
Economic progress is often used to measure a country’s success. However, some people believe that order factors are more important. What other factors should also be considered when measuring a country’s success? Do you think one factor is more important wibby.aldryani
Some people believe that corporal punishment will spoil the children. While others believe that, it is the best method of teaching discipline to children. Discuss both sides and give your opinion. nader sticky icon
Cheap air travel is welcomed because some people think it will give ordinary people more freedom to travel by air. However, others suggest that the air travel should be more expensive in order to discourage people from traveling by air as it will cause en sprigidts
In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, which is important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion? Dilbar sticky icon

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II