You are hereThe graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999.

The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 21 August 2013

The graph illustrates the comparison of unemployment rates in two economically developed countries of the world - United States and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999.

In the US the percentage of workforce had significantly decreased during the given period, but we cannot see the similar pattern in Japan, in contrast the rates had considerably increased between that time.During the first half of the indicated period the difference between percentages was approximately 1.2%, to be more precise, in Japan percentages had risen to 4.3 %, meanwhile in the US after some fluctuations the index has diminished to 5.5 %.

On the other hand, during the rest of the period the difference was becoming less and between 1998-1999 the curves indicated the same percentage-5.1% which means that the unemployment rates became equal.

In conclusion, it can be noted that even though most years the unemployment levels of these countries had differed, the percentages have gone hand in hand since 1998.