Essay topics: The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999.
The graph illustrates the comparison of unemployment rates in two economically developed countries of the world - United States and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999.
In the US the percentage of workforce had significantly decreased during the given period, but we cannot see the similar pattern in Japan, in contrast the rates had considerably increased between that time.During the first half of the indicated period the difference between percentages was approximately 1.2%, to be more precise, in Japan percentages had risen to 4.3 %, meanwhile in the US after some fluctuations the index has diminished to 5.5 %.
On the other hand, during the rest of the period the difference was becoming less and between 1998-1999 the curves indicated the same percentage-5.1% which means that the unemployment rates became equal.
In conclusion, it can be noted that even though most years the unemployment levels of these countries had differed, the percentages have gone hand in hand since 1998.
- The tables below show the students per lecturer and the number of students in various practice and lecture based subjects. Summarise the information in the following three tables and make comparisons where relevant (80)
- 1.Some believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not be required to learn a foreign language. Do you think school should require students to learn a foreign language? (63.3333)
- Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles.Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.•You should write at least 250 words.•You s (71.66670000000001)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (68.5)
- The line graph below gives information about the number of visitors to three London museums between June and September 2013.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (90)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (75)
- Some people think that women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and air force just like men.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (67.5)
- Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace everyday .Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages ? (70)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic problems and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? (80)
- The pie charts below show the units of electricity production of fuel by source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. (75)