Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness?

Being happy has always been the main purpose of our lives throughout the history. But can it be defined in a way that is accepted by everybody? Does it mean the same thing to each person? Of course not, in fact, happiness is a concept which changes from person to person. For instance, for some people it is love, for others it is successful career and this list lengthens further. As a notion of being happy varies according to the person, we can certainly state that, there must be factors influencing the formation of that concept. To my mind, the main elements determining happiness are human character, life expectations. I will try to elucidate my point of view below.

First of all, each human has distinctive traits that affect their perception of happiness. To be more precise, depending on the things that we place high value on, quite different events can please us. For example, sensitive people can be happy in front of just one simple smile, but it cannot satisfy humans looking for great sums of money.

When it comes to the life expectations, it is clear that various people wait to achieve completely different goals. The ones who have big anticipations can’t feel happy easily, they need to work hard in order to make their dreams come true. On the contrary, people who have more acquirable wishes, dreams can be happy and satisfied with their lives without any big efforts.

To sum it up, taking all the above mentioned points into account, we can say that, concept of happiness for each distinctive person is different. Furthermore, it is also visible that, the main causes of that distinction are unique characteristic of human nature and people’s various life expectancies.

More content wanted for the essay body.