Having good memory is most important for success Agree Disagree

Having good memory is most important for success Agree/ Disagree….

Success is an abstract concept. The notion of success varies from one individual to another. In some profession such as research and academics, having good memory is critical to success. In other cases, having good memory does not make much sense.

I fundamentally agree that in profession such as academics and research having good memory is associated with smartness. We live in eventful society. To impart knowledge that is relevant, professors and researcher has to accumulate as much as information as possible. This also holds true for the profession such as lawyers and doctors.

However, aside from aforementioned profession, I think this “requirement of success” reveals naiveté to inherent nature of the world we live in. We live in materialistic society. People are not judge by their skills or knowledge but by outer appearance. This is all evident form the television. In profession such as media and entertainment, success is defined by how glamorous or wealthy the one is.

In a similar fashion, success in most of the artistic profession is not determined by having good memory. Success for an artist is primarily determined by how well he can reflect popular culture in his artistic piece. This is also true for most of other profession such as singing, dancing and sculpture.

In sum, for some of the profession success is determined by “ having good memory. In others, it is not. This is to be evaluated on case-by-case basis

In some profession
In some professions

other profession
other professions

Minimum 250 words wanted.