You are herehttp://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/682/

http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/682/

Umb221's picture

By Umb221 - Posted on 04 September 2013

The line graph illustrates the trends of average daily viewers related to news broadcasted on channel one.

Throughout the whole year the most viewed news is at 6 pm, apart from the exception of August month when 11 pm news resulted the audience preferred one. Trend of 6 pm news slightly decreased from almost 5 million viewers in January to approximately 3.3 in December, after a series of growths and declines during the 12 months.

At opposite, 1 pm news was the less followed in 9 months, with the exception of August when 9.30 pm news had the worst record, and two other months (May and December) when 11 pm news fell below 1 million viewers. Despite its bad records, 1 pm had the most stable trend at approximately 1.3 million viewers. A totally different trend is the one of 9:30 pm, which steadily increased from 3 to 4 million between January and May but later dropped to almost 1 million during the following three months. A sudden growth in August, followed by a weak increase in the last three months of the year, allowed 9:30 pm news to go back at almost 3 million viewers.

In the end, a particular case is the one of 11 pm news. It beagan broadcasting on 1st May gaining lots of viewers until August, passing from zero to 4 million viewers. A steady decline in the following 5 months drove back the viewers below 1 million threshold.

After leaving school or university, young people should choose a job or career that they love, rather than one than one that pays the best salary. To what extent do you agree with this statement? jojo_johan
Admittedly some people sure, punishments have to fixed for every tipe of crime. Yet still in it, others argue crime episode personally and motively to do depend on purpose of the punishment.discuss about both of this argumentation and then giving your opi Sekar Hanafi
What are the causes of road accidents ?how can we over come this? Robin
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society.others,however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. sunil tulsi
Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of the museum is to educate. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Tessy James sticky icon
modern lifestyles means that many parents have little time for their children. many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. do the advantages over weigh the disadvantages. sarwarfatima
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? Bustanul Arifin
What do most people consider as important when deciding on a job or a career? ruhi
Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way matilda
Many animal species in the world are becoming extinct nowadays. Some people say that countries and individuals should protect these animals from dying out, while others say that we should concentrate more on problems of human beings. Discuss both sides an zhangwei217245 sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon

Sentence: It beagan broadcasting on 1st May gaining lots of viewers until August, passing from zero to 4 million viewers.
Error: beagan Suggestion: began