The line graph illustrates the trends of average daily viewers related to news broadcasted on channel one.
Throughout the whole year the most viewed news is at 6 pm, apart from the exception of August month when 11 pm news resulted the audience preferred one. Trend of 6 pm news slightly decreased from almost 5 million viewers in January to approximately 3.3 in December, after a series of growths and declines during the 12 months.
At opposite, 1 pm news was the less followed in 9 months, with the exception of August when 9.30 pm news had the worst record, and two other months (May and December) when 11 pm news fell below 1 million viewers. Despite its bad records, 1 pm had the most stable trend at approximately 1.3 million viewers. A totally different trend is the one of 9:30 pm, which steadily increased from 3 to 4 million between January and May but later dropped to almost 1 million during the following three months. A sudden growth in August, followed by a weak increase in the last three months of the year, allowed 9:30 pm news to go back at almost 3 million viewers.
In the end, a particular case is the one of 11 pm news. It beagan broadcasting on 1st May gaining lots of viewers until August, passing from zero to 4 million viewers. A steady decline in the following 5 months drove back the viewers below 1 million threshold.
- With the rise in popularity of the internet, newspapers will soon become a thing ofthe past.To what extent do you agree or disagree?You should write at least 250 words. (80)
- The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/639/ (70)
- Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teacher (80)
- The chart below shows the proportions of the world’s oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons wher (50)
- The chart below shows the number of men and women in further education in Britain in three periods and whether they were studying fulltime or part-time.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where rele (86)
- t is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or ex (77.1429)
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.www.ie (75)
- Many people say that the only way to guarantee getting a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work.How far do you agree or disagree with the (76.66670000000001)
- The graph below shows radio and television audiences throughout the day in 1992.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/643/ (77.5)
- The tables below give information about the amount of beer and fruit juice consumed per person per year in different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (67.5)