You are herehttp://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/682/

http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/682/

Umb221's picture

By Umb221 - Posted on 04 September 2013

The line graph illustrates the trends of average daily viewers related to news broadcasted on channel one.

Throughout the whole year the most viewed news is at 6 pm, apart from the exception of August month when 11 pm news resulted the audience preferred one. Trend of 6 pm news slightly decreased from almost 5 million viewers in January to approximately 3.3 in December, after a series of growths and declines during the 12 months.

At opposite, 1 pm news was the less followed in 9 months, with the exception of August when 9.30 pm news had the worst record, and two other months (May and December) when 11 pm news fell below 1 million viewers. Despite its bad records, 1 pm had the most stable trend at approximately 1.3 million viewers. A totally different trend is the one of 9:30 pm, which steadily increased from 3 to 4 million between January and May but later dropped to almost 1 million during the following three months. A sudden growth in August, followed by a weak increase in the last three months of the year, allowed 9:30 pm news to go back at almost 3 million viewers.

In the end, a particular case is the one of 11 pm news. It beagan broadcasting on 1st May gaining lots of viewers until August, passing from zero to 4 million viewers. A steady decline in the following 5 months drove back the viewers below 1 million threshold.

Older people think the world was a better place when they were young. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. priyaravindran
the carbon cycle adventurer
Nowadays people show more anti-social behaviour and lack of respect to others. What are the causes? How could we improve the situation? hari100
In the past, building often reflected the culture of a society. But modern building look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar. What do you think is the reason for this, and it is a bad or good thing? Madhuka sticky icon
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same thing and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. dinoboy17
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays? alfitrah8.5
Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer Rahmawaty
Some people say the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both of these views and give you Azizkhan
Some people say that because many people are living much longer the age which people retire from work should be raised considerably.To what extend do you agree or disagree? cncmatthew sticky icon
A different range of technology available increase the gap between the rich and poor people. Do you agree and disagree? miswar

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? Dilbar IELTS
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Sentence: It beagan broadcasting on 1st May gaining lots of viewers until August, passing from zero to 4 million viewers.
Error: beagan Suggestion: began