IELTS ESSAY- IMPACT OF TOURISM IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES

The costs of international travel are decreasing and tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries?

The advent of globalization has changed man’s perception of looking on things. International vacation is no longer undertaken by affluent people alone, but rising middle class are also partaking in it. However, this growth in travel industry has many positive and negative points. This essay will discuss both the views and state the preference.

To begin with, there are numerous benefits of tourism in any country. Tourism is a rapidly growing sector and is linked to many other industries. Thus, progress in tourism not only benefits the country directly but also indirectly. For instance, when a country gets tourists from around the globe, its hotel industry, transportation, local business also flourishes. In addition to this, tourism is one of the important ways of bringing the local culture in the forefront of the world. The Aboriginal culture spread across the world only when it had travellers to tell its tale.

However, every coin has two sides; similarly there are also many negative aspects of tourism to different countries. People like to visit exotic places like, mountain ranges, deserts, forests, and so on. These regions are considered fragile, as excessive human activity can destroy them. To cite an example, clearance is made in forest, for the easy access of travellers; trees are cut down for cooking and boiling water for adventurers. Thus, without delay complete flora and fauna of the region will be destroyed and people will move forward in search of new destinations. Moreover, with the growing mingling of people, local culture is getting eroded.

To sum up, tourism is the industry of tomorrow, it has come to stay. Its advantages outweighs its disadvantage, however it depends how we exploit it for our benefit without threatening the natural cycle.

You may need to put more words: