IELTS essay:Should athletes have a high salary?-Sample 1

The 27th World Football Cup has concluded. People around the world enjoy great fun from the excellent performance of the football players. But meanwhile, a new issue arises. Should athletes have a high salary? From my point of view, I think they should get a good pay.

Firstly, the development of athletic level represents for the power of a country. Athletes make great contributions to the society and earn great glories to their country. When our national anthem is played in the stadium, we feel very proud of our country's strength. Therefore, a high salary is a reward to the efforts athletes make.

Secondly, athletes devote themselves fully to the training and exercises. Every day, they do a lot of exercises with a view to setting new record in the sports games. Athletes are apt to be hurt in the matches, because some sports games are dangerous, for example, football, boxing and wushu. High pay guarantees prompt and good medical care if they get hurt.

Thirdly, the athletic career is very short. Many athletes retire when they are still quite young. High salary can ensure that they can have a better life after they retire. If they want a further study, they will have no financial burdens.

However, we have also noticed that some athletes cheat the referees and spectators in order to get money. Some of them even bribe the judges and referees. The government must take some measures to prohibit this kind of corruption.

To sum up, it is reasonable for athletes to get high salary, because they are worth of it.