You are hereIncreasing petrol price is the best way to solve growing traffic and congestion problems. To what extent do you agree or diagree. What other measures do you think may be effective.

Increasing petrol price is the best way to solve growing traffic and congestion problems. To what extent do you agree or diagree. What other measures do you think may be effective.

sandeep bishnoi's picture

By sandeep bishnoi - Posted on 03 March 2013

In this rampant age globalization, the world is progressing by leaps and bounds. Traffic as a major problem of transportation is increasing day by day due to new invention of todays technology . Increasing price of petrol is not a useful way to prevent increasing of traffic and congestion problem. Here, I would like to establish my views against of statement.

To set in, there are numerous points to support my view. First and foremost, there are many other measure to solve it such as goverenment should upgrade standard and quality of public transport like AC, entertainment sources, comfortable sitting arrengement and so on and it should also provide the frequent and fast service. Consequently, people will automatically be attracted towards these aminities and avoid their personal vehicle.

Further emphasising on my point of view, Media should aware people about its harmful effects and give beneficial instruction to use it. Moreover, Construction of extensive roads and flyovers can be a lucrative idea for people which can more help to reduce traffic problems. In addition, government should take legal action for children using vehicle below eighteen years. As a reslt, number of vehicle shown will be low on the roads.

On the contrary, Increasing price of petrol is not a useful idea to solve traffic problem because people use vehicle in daily routine for their business, education and their personal work even the price of petrol will increase more in future. In addtion, they will use other type of fueled vehicle for their use in case the price of petrol is increased by government.

In a nutshell, after doing a great deal of thought and deliberation, I would say that we should use public transport instead of personal vehicle to prevent from traffic and to save our environment from contamination,

Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Maria
The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they traveled abroad and why traveled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destination over the same period.Write a report for a fikri
The bar chart below shows the highest qualification attained by sex for the working age population in Wales in 2001/2002. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Azizat
Successful sport professionals can earn a great deal more many than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. bromaxx
Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.How could computers be considered a hindrance? marzieh
Nowadays, more people are migrating to other countries than ever before. In order to become integrated into society in their adopted countries, immigrants should abandon their old ways to adapt to local customs and codes of behavior.Do you agree or disagr pendinggirl sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.Chart: http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/251/zsbv.png mandy19.2q sticky icon
for writing task 1, you write a summary of information from the picture. indah_hai
Sample IELTS speaking: preferences (weekends and outings) essayking
Some people believe that computers are more a hindrance than a help in today's world. Others feel that they are such indispensable tools that they would not be able to live or work without them.•In what ways are computers a hindrance?•What is your opinion helia123

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Sentence: Further emphasising on my point of view, Media should aware people about its harmful effects and give beneficial instruction to use it.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to should and aware

Sentence: First and foremost, there are many other measure to solve it such as goverenment should upgrade standard and quality of public transport like AC, entertainment sources, comfortable sitting arrengement and so on and it should also provide the frequent and fast service.
Error: goverenment Suggestion: government
Error: arrengement Suggestion: arrangement

Sentence: Consequently, people will automatically be attracted towards these aminities and avoid their personal vehicle.
Error: aminities Suggestion: amenities

Error: emphasising Suggestion: emphasizing

Sentence: In addtion, they will use other type of fueled vehicle for their use in case the price of petrol is increased by government.
Error: addtion Suggestion: addition