You are hereIncreasing petrol price is the best way to solve growing traffic and congestion problems. To what extent do you agree or diagree. What other measures do you think may be effective.

Increasing petrol price is the best way to solve growing traffic and congestion problems. To what extent do you agree or diagree. What other measures do you think may be effective.

sandeep bishnoi's picture

By sandeep bishnoi - Posted on 03 March 2013

In this rampant age globalization, the world is progressing by leaps and bounds. Traffic as a major problem of transportation is increasing day by day due to new invention of todays technology . Increasing price of petrol is not a useful way to prevent increasing of traffic and congestion problem. Here, I would like to establish my views against of statement.

To set in, there are numerous points to support my view. First and foremost, there are many other measure to solve it such as goverenment should upgrade standard and quality of public transport like AC, entertainment sources, comfortable sitting arrengement and so on and it should also provide the frequent and fast service. Consequently, people will automatically be attracted towards these aminities and avoid their personal vehicle.

Further emphasising on my point of view, Media should aware people about its harmful effects and give beneficial instruction to use it. Moreover, Construction of extensive roads and flyovers can be a lucrative idea for people which can more help to reduce traffic problems. In addition, government should take legal action for children using vehicle below eighteen years. As a reslt, number of vehicle shown will be low on the roads.

On the contrary, Increasing price of petrol is not a useful idea to solve traffic problem because people use vehicle in daily routine for their business, education and their personal work even the price of petrol will increase more in future. In addtion, they will use other type of fueled vehicle for their use in case the price of petrol is increased by government.

In a nutshell, after doing a great deal of thought and deliberation, I would say that we should use public transport instead of personal vehicle to prevent from traffic and to save our environment from contamination,

indesfrepe france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

jordansrn france

ramatfryh france

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Other, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishme maryam2900
The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993and March 1999.Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/670/ Umb221
The pie charts below show the units of electricity production of fuel by source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. fialka
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others, disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. omenem
Illiteracy is on increase even in the developed nations. Discuss the causes and its effects on the society. Tessy James sticky icon
Now days,internet is one of social media that is very important and familiar in the world. Internet brings people of the world closer together.Do you agree or disagree?use examples to support your opinion. budiningsih
Graphs of sources of world and local news in UK since 1987 until 1997 rizqifahma
Some people say the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both of these views and give your hamidrezat
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? Naela Mustika K... sticky icon
it is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from variety of social bacgrounds mix with each other at school muftia anwar

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: Further emphasising on my point of view, Media should aware people about its harmful effects and give beneficial instruction to use it.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to should and aware

Sentence: First and foremost, there are many other measure to solve it such as goverenment should upgrade standard and quality of public transport like AC, entertainment sources, comfortable sitting arrengement and so on and it should also provide the frequent and fast service.
Error: goverenment Suggestion: government
Error: arrengement Suggestion: arrangement

Sentence: Consequently, people will automatically be attracted towards these aminities and avoid their personal vehicle.
Error: aminities Suggestion: amenities

Error: emphasising Suggestion: emphasizing

Sentence: In addtion, they will use other type of fueled vehicle for their use in case the price of petrol is increased by government.
Error: addtion Suggestion: addition