Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extend do you agre or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extend do you agre or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

In many parts of the world, traffic-related and pollution problems have become a serious issue. There are those who believe that the approach in which price of petrol is boosting is the best way to address these dilemmas. However, in my view, measure like this seems to be excessive and difficult to implement; therefore, other more effective and reliable solutions should be considered.

It is true that increasing the price of petrol could have immediate consequences in solving these problems. For example, because driving private vehicles is relatively costing, many people might do not want to purchase cars and choose other options which might consumed less petrol to travel. However, in the long term, measure like this could bring many following detrimental consequences to the whole society. The inflation, for instance, would accelerate exponentially owning to the boom in the price of petrol which in turn deteriorating civilian's life as well as the whole economy. Therefore, the increasing in the price of petrol is just a shortcoming solution and other good ones should be implemented.

One feasible strategy would be for the governments to make owning and using private vehicles expensive by taxing, for example, at the point of purchase or through pricing road scheme. By doing this, there would be less private vehicles on the roads, as a result, there would be less traffic congestion as well as minimizing pollution caused by vehicles. Nevertheless, this strategy alone could do a little do address a whole serious problem.

Another effective solution should be supplemented, such as making more alternative options for commuters to choose. In fact, governments could subsidize more heavily in public transport system. Take for example of Singapore, which has a whole modern public transport system, also has relative low rate of traffic jams and low degree of pollution.

Overall, in my opinion, increasing the price of petrol is not a good choice to tackle with these dilemmas and measures like taxing cars, pricing road scheme as well as investing in public transport system are more effective and friendly-environmental sounds.

many people might do not want to purchase cars ...
Suggestion: many people might not want to purchase cars ...

Sentence: For example, because driving private vehicles is relatively costing, many people might do not want to purchase cars and choose other options which might consumed less petrol to travel.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to might and consumed