Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve the growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve the growing traffic and pollution problems.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Coping with growing traffic and pollution problem has been upstaged as a contentious issue. Consequently, there are different schools of thought in this respective which are further elaborated on in the following paragraphs.

On the one hand, there are some negative points in increasing the price of petrol as a way to control the aforementioned policy. In the first place, raising the price of petrol cannot be suitable choice owing to the fact that it causes the price of many goods, which are related to petrol, to be increased. Therefore, it leads inflation in society to occur. In other words, it might threaten the governments' economics. In addition, the cost of cars and vehicles could be decreased by increasing the price of petrol. Without question, it can affect cars industry. As a matter of fact, many individuals who are working in automobile factories would be unemployed.

On the other hand, there are some advantages in rising of the cost of petrol. Firstly, it is important to be mentioned increasing the petrol price leads the number of cars, which is an enormous number nowadays, to reduce. It can be concluded as a result of this matter, the streets will be silenced and it can enhance our quality of life thank to the fact that a silent place is the best place to live. Subsequently, it is accepted that this issue generates an obligation and duty for governments to provide some appropriate public transport services, which are necessary for modern society. Lastly, it should be pointed that people might tend to utilize electric cars, which would work by some renewable energy sources such as sun, fuel cells, etc, instead of common vehicles.

All in all, based on what has been discussed, while I cannot deny the negative points of increasing the petrol price really believe that it can be a prominent way to overcome pollution problems and traffic issues thank to the fact that it causes individuals tend to use of green energy as a viable alternative to petrol.