Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.to what extent do you agree and disagree?what measure do you think would be effective.

Traffic and pollution are the most common problem of big cities. Many people believe increasing price of petrol is the best way to solve this issue while others think of another solution that might be more effective.

Private cars are the main sources of traffic jam and producers of pollution. According to a survey that was conducted by an expert in 2012, there were hundred thousand personal vehicles that were owned by Jakarta Citizens, and contributed to density of traffic road every day. Traffic jam is the major problem that can avoid citizens to arrive at their office on time in the morning and to reach their home early. On the other side, pollution causes many diseases, such infection of respiratory system, among society in Jakarta. In order to solve this problem, Local Parliament of Jakarta thinks of increasing the cost of fuel. They believe price rising of fuel might decline the number of citizens who use personal cars for unimportant essence and only use their cars for great needs because they avoid consuming more petrol. They would not bring their car for visiting place that is near from their home.

Psychologically, majority of people acquire private car because they prevent to go with public transportation such as bus or train. Opinion about increasing cost of fuel might not influence people to decline private cars consume as long as there are no improvement in state transportation. Therefore, government should think enriching facilities of bus and train. The condition of public transportation in Jakarta is very apprehensive. Vandalism is one of problem of public transportation in Jakarta. In addition, the number of bus and train are not match with the density of users. Naturally, citizens would decide to utilize public vehicle when they think it convenient and fulfill their necessity.

Even though increasing the price of petrol might be one of solution to decrease traffic and pollution, government should think about enriching facilities of public transportation.