It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society.

Media has a lot of influence on our lives.There are both advantages and disadvantages to this situation.On the one hand,if media is impartial towards every person,it can be beneficial to society.On the other hand,partiality results in disadvantage.

First of all,the main advantage of media is that it makes us aware of what is going on in the world.For example,it gives us the news about every corner of the world, while we are at our homes,offices,remote places etc.It gives us the information about current affairs of the world,especially our country,which is difficult to get otherwise.Also, it provides the adults and the children with interesting educational and travelling information.

Second of all,media keeps an eye on the people involved in wrongdoings, and exposes them in front of the public.It discusses the issues openly to let people know about them.Being impartial,it can make people differentiate about the innocents and the culprits.

In contrast to the above situation,media can have negative effects on society if it is biased to any side.For instance,it can overstate the news intentionally to damage someone's reputation.In addition,it sometimes interferes in the personal lives of people for sake of the money which can be quite annoying.

On the whole,media can be the voice of thousands of innocent people,and a source of information with a few drawbacks discussed above.

Use of Discourse Markers (%): 1 0.12

Put more words next time.