It is said that all should learn a second language, but some people think that only those who are talented should do so. Discuss both points of view and express your own.

Some people believe that everyone should learn a foreign language,while others consider this a job for the gifted. In my opinion, everyone should at least posses basic knowledge in English.

There are reasons to believe that only those with linguistic talent should make an effort to learn a second language. In this case, all information originally expressed in a foreign language shall always be translated. But this doesn't seem to make much sense in the Global Village, where information is actually exploding. Just to think how much money and time could be wasted if everything were to be translated. In short, it is not so efficient to have everything transformed into another language.

On the contrast, if everyone is able to understand some information in a common second language, that is English, time and effort would be saved in many situations. For example, if I wanted to book a hotel in France, and the receptionist does not speak any English, the hotel would have to have my English translated into French. But if the receptionist could speak English, things would be much easier since I could talk to him or her in English. Besides, translators are humans after all, and human beings make mistakes. For instance, I have read a german sentence which actually means "She dragged me out of the apartment" translated into Chinese as follows: "She lead me out of the apartment". Such mistakes can really cause misunderstanding. Therefore, it is not only inconvenient but also hazardous to have everything translated. Thus, everyone must at least have basic knowledge in English.

In a nutshell, since the world is a Global Village, it is wiser for everyone to learn at least a little foreign language. This is not only more time-efficient but less problem-causing.

Sentence: For instance, I have read a german sentence which actually means 'She dragged me out of the apartment' translated into Chinese as follows: 'She lead me out of the apartment'.
Description: The fragment She lead me is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace lead with verb, past tense

Sentence: In my opinion, everyone should at least posses basic knowledge in English.
Error: posses Suggestion: No alternate word